aprilcat

I Know a Guy Who Knows__________

When I waited tables, I was good friends with a waitress who showed me pictures of her with Robert DeNiro. She used to nanny for some of the kids in his family. I don't remember what the exact relation was, or how she came to know them.

DeNiro has a place in Gardiner, NY, near The RAnch.

I jumped twice in Duaneseburg, but that's up near Albany. Is Gardiner anywhere near Binghamton? I think she was from Binghamton or something originally.
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

I know a guy who met Annica Sorenstam (famous Swedish golfer now retired from the LPGA tour)......

I was very close to have a fenderbender with the Swedish King once... Yep Sweden is a monarchy.

But thats the closest to anyone famous I have ever been :)

“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

My favorite of these so far is the guy whose ex cheated on him with Chachi! :D

I was good friends with all the guys from the band Phish way before they were famous. I briefly dated Mike Gordon - which pissed Jon Fishman off, 'cause (unbeknownst to me) he had a crush on me.

I used to date a guy who is really good friends with Stefan, the fiddle player from the Dave Matthews Band.

I went to high school with Jessica Sklar, who is now married to Jerry Seinfeld. Her mom and my mom are good friends, as are her younger sister and my younger brother.

...And oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that my boyfriend - and a friend of ours - were on the E-Team, the "other" flying Elvi!

May the (relative) wind take your troubles away...

My brother's best friend is the guy who took on the huge project of photographing the entire coastline of California for a coastline preservation organization, and subsequently got sued by Barbara Streisand when highly detailed photos of her ocean-front property got on the internet. Apparently she did not like having her parasol layout shown to the public.

She lost the suit too. The story made it on The Smoking Gun website.

:D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I went to high school with Jessica Sklar, who is now married to Jerry Seinfeld. Her mom and my mom are good friends, as are her younger sister and my younger brother.

Jerry Seinfeld's best friend inspired me to become a psychiatrist. One night, I was talking to a patient in his office and noticed a picture of Jerry, Shoshona, Cliff and Cliff's partner. I was distracted by the photo the entire interview. Finally at the end, I said to the patient and her family, "I think that's Jerry Seinfeld." We all looked and agreed that it did look like Jerry. Turns out Jerry and Cliff have been best buds since grade school and grew up together in New York.

My current work partner roomed one semester in college with Dick Butkis. Dr. S is bookish guy that got teased frequently. While studying one night, his neighbors wedged him in his dorm room. No one could open the door from either inside or outside. It pissed off Dick, who proceeded to kicked the door off the hinges with one kick. No one ever bothered Dr. S after that.

I am good friends (from high school) with a guy named Ian who went on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" and won a quarter of a million dollars.

I watched the show when it aired, and as I answered the questions as they were asked, my friend actually ended up having to use his first lifeline before I would have! :D

Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

This is the best thread! This is just hilarious...

Ok, one last one I just thought of...my husband ran into Regge Jackson at the Ghost Bar in Las Vegas. He didn't say anything to him, apparently Reggie had some girl that looked about 19 years old hanging off him, so of course my hubby didn't want to interrupt...:S:P;)

Related event.

I met Billy Martin in a bar in Phoenix. He had two, not 1 but 2, hotties hangin' on him. I, being ballsy, went over to get his autograph. He invited me to sit down with them.

To make a long story short, he offered one of the girls to me. I was there with a co-worker and I didn't want to leave him out in the cold and Billy had no other girl for him so I didn't go for it....yeah, I'm a dumb-ass.

---------

My sister had a date with Phil Everly of the Everly Brothers. She was excited about it when he, in a limo, came to pick her up. She was highly pissed when she got home. Turns out that Phil was gay and she was just a "trophy" date. Being gay back then was not to be let out of the closet.

---------

I spent a few days with Deep Purple in Germany in 1972. Turned out that Blackmore and Lord were real ego-centric assholes. Ian Paice was kinda weird. Ian Gillan was pretty cool. I hung with Roger Glover who was a really good, down-to-earth guy. He was a lot of fun to hang with. Even bought me some cool new clothes to replace the worn out hippie attire that I sported at the time.

--------

Went to high school with a couple of future pro football players but didn't hang with them. Took care of their GFs while they were on the practice field though. Can't name names...they would probably kick my ass if they found out.

--------

I know Tom Hayden, World Record Holder.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

My GF & I spent an evening with a well known writer. He played the part of the "dirty old man" to the hilt, hanging on her all evening. Not only did he sign one of her books, but also whipped out a couple limericks for her (see attached).
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

My husband met Steve Iserman and got to hold the Stanley Cup.

I shook Bill Gates hand after he made a large donation to the museum I once worked at. My office was around the corner from the car that Kennedy was assisinated in.

Mitt Romney smiled and nodded at me in passing when he stayed at the hotel I worked at.

I was the hired pianist for private events that were attended by Governer Jennifer Granholm (gave me a thumbs up) Bill Ford (complimented me) and Ms. Firestone ( was too old I think to even notice there was music)

One of Kid Rock home's is in my town and Him and Pam Anderson had one of their 3 wedding recptions down the street from my house.

I worked at a a private club where Jeffrey Fieger (Doctor Death's Lawyer) was a member.
~I knew exactly where it was, I just couldn't find it.~
http://www.flickr.com/photos/krstnparker/

Ok maybe I won't make any spelling errors this time... :S

I work in III Corps Headquarters in Fort Hood. I made eye contact with Lt. General Odeirno once while he was walking down the hallway as I was coming out of my office.

And yes I spelled his name right!!

And I saw Marion Jones at an outside mall in Durham NC with her son. This is before she admitted to lying to federal investigators about using banned substances. She was released from federal prision today.

http://3ringnecklace.com/