aprilcat

I Know a Guy Who Knows__________

I liked this thread, so here's a bump.

Tonight I went out to dinner with Gary Burghoff's daughter. He was Radar O'Reilly on MASH.

I work on the oldest 4-masted sailing ship still afloat.

I'm good friends with the singer of the Badlees, who is on his way to being the next singer of INXS.

But there's nothing interesting about me.

For two weeks I worked at the Quick Stop where Clerks was filmed several years later. Yeah, sucked.

When Kevin Smith (director) worked there, he tried many times to get my little sister to go out with him, and trying to convince her to quit smoking. After his fame, he plunged in nicotine hell himself, and sis missed out on the hollywood life.

A few years back, my older sister and Bruce Springsteen shared the same pediatrician for their kids. Saw, spoke with him a few times waiting.

i have worked with, around, for and against almost every hair band of the late 80's and early 90's. rehearsed in the same studio on cole street as flea from rhcp. he stuck his head in our door one night to listen to me play! he was wearing a beanie and let me play his bass. ooooo im not worthy. lol. (he and bootsie collins are the reason i started playing) oh yeah, met bootsie and shook the hand that funked up the whole world. my dad dated linda rondstadt in high school. back when she was still crosseyed. my ex girlfriend cheated on me with scott baio.:S kill chachi. i met a really important chinese guy in china. dont know who he was or what he was except all the money and bodygaurds leads me to believe he was famous for something. lol. i know mr. austria '86.

to all you other famous people i left out, please forgive me. all the drugs my parents did in the sixties has addled my brainz.:D
namaste, motherfucker.

Hmmm. Two jobs ago I got to talk to Tom Bosley (Dad from Happy Days) on the phone. And Brent Spiner (Data, star trek).

My Uncle and Aunt had dinner with Tom Cruise and his then wife Mimi Rogers at a resort on vacation.

My grand uncle was the ceo of IBM during the 60's

My Great grandmother sat in the box next to Hitler at the 1938 olympics in Berlin. (on Newsreel)

My Grandmother dated both Cary Grant and Errol Flynn (whose comment to her was, "My dear, you are just too innocent for me")

Ooh this one's fun.

My AP English teacher from high school is Dave Grohl's mom (Nirvana, Foo Fighters)

I go to the same dentist as Dave Matthews

Tina Fey was in my graduating class in college
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

hmmm, let's see. There was a guy who played in the same band as my older brother. This guy was at the same time in David Bowie's band (at that time): Tin Machine.

What else. My Dad hung out with Clint Eastwood in Colorado. They discussed a screenplay that my Dad would write (unfortunately it didn't get accepted though). The other guys at the table were cast members from the movie Every Which Way but Loose. The cast members kept going on & on about how intelligent the orangutan was.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I know a guy whose son is Bryan Clay, the decathlete who won a silver medal in the decathlon in 2004 and just won the gold medal in the decathlon in the 2008 Olympics.

Seriously, the dad's name is Gregory Clay, and up until two days before his son won Olympic gold, he worked in my office. But the company has cut staff, and even though his part-time position was cut, they offered him a different full-time position, but due to other employment obligations, he couldn't accept it.

So in our office, we often have birthday cards and such circulate and get signed by everyone. I was so proud and happy for this man that I went out and bought a card for him and a card for his son, and had everyone (who wanted to) at work sign them, and my supervisor is getting them mailed.

Bryan Clay seems like such a very down-to-earth, good guy. I can't think of a more unassuming, humble athlete I've seen. He even was on David Letterman's show!

P.S. He is going to be on the Wheaties box! Starting in September, I think.
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

When I waited tables, I was good friends with a waitress who showed me pictures of her with Robert DeNiro. She used to nanny for some of the kids in his family. I don't remember what the exact relation was, or how she came to know them.
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

My grandfather was the requisition officer in charge of sending the Enola Gay to Hawaii to get it's bomb bay doors widened so Little Boy could fit in there.reply]

I knew, he recently passed away, the gentleman who carried the Japanese surrender documents to the USS Missouri. He also handled my wifes adoption.

I once shook hands with Michael Landon, aka Little Joe.

When I was in school on St. Louis I worked out in the same gym as Steve Carlton. He was with the Philles at the time but still lived in Chesterfield. He would bring other pro baseball players in with him and they were all very friendly. The pro football players that worked out there were all dicks.

It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.

while in college, my dad roomed with the son of the guy that invented the slinky (pops is 66). inventor i guess ditched the fam and slinky and ended up going to south america with a hottie, his mom made millions off the slinky. :)
edit: ooo! A substitute teacher in high school was Nicolas Cage's cousin- and also is the voice on the disney land tram.

Also, my High school librarian's son is the basist (i think basist) for Linkin Park.

edit#2: I was an extra playing football with my JV squad in the Kevin Costner movie 13 Days when i was 15- he was cool and took a break from filming to throw a ball around with all of us, dude has an arm! We got unlimited free food- a big deal to ever hungry teenage football players- fresh swordfish and cornish game hens is what i stuffed myself with, also got an embroidered jacket and I think our school got some cashola. Big guy, really nice dude.

B|B|B|

So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

When I waited tables, I was good friends with a waitress who showed me pictures of her with Robert DeNiro. She used to nanny for some of the kids in his family. I don't remember what the exact relation was, or how she came to know them.

DeNiro has a place in Gardiner, NY, near The RAnch.

The song "You Are My Sunshine" was written for my great aunt Sunshine who was dating the then governor of Louisiana, Jimmy Davis.

No shit...I've been singing this song to my aunt's parrot all day...serendipity, i say.

I know a gal whose dad is Steven Tyler.

I dated a dude whose dad is the ex governor of Louisiana (roemer).

I know a gal who did the dirty with the lead guy from 300 (in rehab).

I know a guy who married Britney Spears in Vegas.

I know a gal whose dad invented the tech 9.

I met Dean Cain, he was a dickhead, I was about 11.

Bruce Willis complimented me on my pants.

I know a guy who knows what its like to have kevin spacey hit on you and then randomly show up in your hotel room....awkward.

my stories aren't as good as y'alls but whatever cause this is a great thread!
"Love all. Trust few. Do wrong to none." -Shakespeare

Gold Coast Skydivers
Pink Mafia #176

In 1994, my ex-sister-in-law had been in Africa for weeks with fellow college student friends. Pulp Fiction was a huge hit in theaters at that time, but they didn't know it since they'd been away for a while. In an African airport on the way home, they ran into John Travolta. My sis-in-law said he was nice and friendly and talked to all of them.
Jeanne
Blue Skies, better days, more beer - Oh the humanity - Peace be with you my friend

DON'T TASE ME BRO