Twoply

Post your odd food combination ideas!

Spam, corn, and beans! (creamed corn and pork & beans). We grew up on it. A few years ago, my brother was through my house on Christmas Eve. He was getting ready to leave to go to my dad's when he realized that I was making spam, corn, and beans. His eyes got big, and he said, "Spam, corn, and beans? I haven't had that in so long!" He stayed for dinner. :)
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Vanilla ice cream and balsamic vinegar glaze. I've not tried it yet, but I have a bottle of balsamic vinegar glaze which recommends it as a serving suggestion – I'm just waiting for an excuse to try it as it sounds oddly wonderful.

I have a dish of fresh fruit (pear and peach) in front of me this morning. I also robbed a dollop of some very pricey and very tasty balsamic from my stash at home this AM to dip the fruit in.

Yum!
You can't make chicken salad out of chicken manure.

Here's an odd food combination, and no, I didn't have the guts to try it.

Bananas and unknown lime-sized-colored bulb from my back yard.

See my botanist thread for more info/pictures.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I heard about american cheese on apple pie?

Don't know about that one.

I recently made the most awesome apple pear pie, and I decided to try the slice of cheese thing.... And yeah, it was yummy. :)
Hmm, odd food combos??? I like putting cole slaw and BBQ sauce on a smoked turkey sandwich. Not sure if that is odd though.

I have a Polish father-in-law who puts cheese and/or mustard on almost everything. We had apple pie once and instead of putting cheese on it he used some good brown mustard. I thought he was crazy... until I tried it myself. Damn that was good!

If you like the cheese/apple pie combo, try some good mustard on your pie next time (not just the yellow stuff you put on cheap hot dogs, but some good mustard). You'll be very pleasantly surprised.

I also love the french fry / shake combo, but I like a strawberry shake over the chocolate.

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!

I love vegetables - I have since I was a kid (even spinach). One of the reasons I was not an anti-vegetable kid was that I was allowed to put maple syrup on them. Growing up in Vermont we always had a supply of pure (natural, not processed) maple syrup on hand. My favorite was broccoli with maple syrup on it. It didn't work on everything, but brussel sprouts were tolerable with a little added maple flavor.
Arrive Safely

John

Cut a very ripe avocado in half and remove the pit. Fill up the hole about one half to two thirds of the way with pure sugar. With a spoon, fold the avocado in from the sides starting just inside the skin and working toward the middle. Keep working on it until you can stir the sugar into the avocado. You end up with an ugly looking light green mush that is very tasty.
Arrive Safely

John

My boyfriend's father puts pepper on everything and I mean EVERYTHING. He even unscrews the top and DUMPS it on his food. I couldn't believe it when I saw him pour it all over his garden salad.

I used to eat peanut butter and cheese sandwiches when I was young, but now I don't like that. Yuk!

I love maple syrup on scrambled eggs!!! But only the fake kind of syrup, not the real kind.

When I worked at a Girl Scout camp in NC, some of the campers would pour chocolate milk on their Lucky Charms. So much sugar- my teeth would hurt just looking at it!
http://3ringnecklace.com/