eeneR

Looking for good recipe websites, preferably healthy

Ok gang, who has a few good recommendations for cooking websites? I am looking to add some new stuff to my menu. I am looking for stuff on the healthy and tasty side.

I will take any specific recipes too!
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Link?

NO LINK FOR YOU!

Yeah, that's right, tell Renee all about a great site and not post the link;)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Go to the food network's site. (Foodnetwork.com??) Most of Ellie Krieger's food looks really good and fairly easy to make, even if it is healthy! :P

They had another guy known for healthier cooking too, and a low carb guy. All of their recipes should be on the site, and it pretty easy to navigate and look up stuff.

Go to the food network's site. (Foodnetwork.com??) Most of Ellie Krieger's food looks really good and fairly easy to make, even if it is healthy! :P

They had another guy known for healthier cooking too, and a low carb guy. All of their recipes should be on the site, and it pretty easy to navigate and look up stuff.

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

A "healthy" recipe, imo, is all about knowning ingredients. I find a lot of recipes labeled "healthy" are not-so-much. If you know your ingredients, you can make any of your favorite recipes healthy. :)
I find a lot of great recipes in magazines I read.

We actually don't have a recipe book, but rather a big binder with those clear paper-holder thingies with the three-rings and some tabs; I've made my own magazine-tear-out-somtimes-notebook-paper-written-from-experimenting recipe book. I throw away the ones that turn out horrible, and so our book is actually become REALLY amazing for us. Sometimes with the magazine tear-outs I cross-out ingredients I don't wish to eat and write-in the substitute.

But, there's been a lack of recipes we can fit with our lifestyle lately (no land animal or dairy or a lot of processed crap, and not too intricate), so I ended up just Googling things we like comma "recipes" and found a whole bunch of things.

I would Google, girl. :)

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I would Google, girl.

I know what google is my dear ;) I am looking for stuff and sites that people already use for good recipes. I don't have the time or money to go through 100000000's of sites trying everything under the sun. Sure I will dig through some, but that wasn't the point of the post.

I like getting opinions of others and what they have tried. Sharing this information is part of a community. This info is shared with others who might go..ohh that sounds good.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I know what google is my dear. ;)

I know you do, hunny. It's just ironically for recipes it was the last thing I thought of.

I went to our local book shop and scoured the cooking section and just couldn't commit to buying an entire book that had maybe a few recipes I might like. My magazines (mostly home magazines, coastal, decor) always provided at least one or two new recipes a month for me...

Frankly as much as I Google, it was the last place I went to find what I was looking for in the recipe department. :$

I tried googling, which lead me to ask here. I went cross eyed at all the listings. I have used it when looking for specific recipes, however I am looking for new ideas and things to try.
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I am looking for new ideas and things to try.

Well, I wish I could post many of my favorites, but they're all hand-written with only ingredients--no amounts of such. We just know how much.

Soo...

Here's one of my favorite fish recipes from Coastal Living:

1 tablespoon butter (or substitute)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 large yellow bell peppers, chopped
2 shallots, minced
2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk, Cajun or Mexican seasoning blend (look for those without sugar or crap)
1 cup broth (it calls for chicken or fish broth, but we use organic vegetarian vegetable broth and it works beautifully)
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 (6-ounce) halibut fillets (we've never made it with halibut. Any white fish will be great!)
One can (or fresh equivalent) black beans
Avocado
Lime

Heat butter and oil in a large cast iron or ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, shallots and seasoning blend. Saute' 5 minutes or until shallots are translucent.

Stir in broth and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Sear fish in hot olive oil 4 to 5 minutes per side or until done. Serve immediately with pepper sauce. Makes two servings.

(I have to note: We've since used a bit less broth, butter & olive oil to make the pepper sauce a bit thicker. We like it better this way, but it is still fantastic as is. :)
Spicy Black Beans:

Combine 1/2 cup chopped roasted red bell pepper or diced pimentos. 1 can (15-ounce) black beans, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan. Cook 5 minutes or until hot.

Sliced Avocado and Lime:

Squeeze lime wedges over avocado slices. Sprinkle with salt, if desired.

What we do is first put the yellow-bell pepper sauce on the bottom all around the bottom of the plate. Then top it with the black beans. Then top the whole thing with the fish. Avocado slices on the side.

:)