JohnRich

Movie: "The Happening"

I want to see it.... but I cant afford to take out a loan to go the movies... adult tickets are almost $11/ea here. I can wait 2 months and buy it for $19 at walmart....;)

You cant afford to pay $11 for a ticket but can afford to pay $19 when it comes out on dvd?

yes, cause I will own it.... and 2nd who really goes to the movies alone? It would be more than $11 especially after you paid $29.95 for a coke and small popcorn. Once I own it, I can make my own popcorn, drink my own coke and push pause so I can go pee and not half to deal with the loud mouth disrespectful shit heads that frequent most theaters now days....

In other words, its not a matter of money, its a matter of what you get for that money....

I want to see it.... but I cant afford to take out a loan to go the movies... adult tickets are almost $11/ea here. I can wait 2 months and buy it for $19 at walmart....;)

You cant afford to pay $11 for a ticket but can afford to pay $19 when it comes out on dvd?

Why pay anything at all. Thats what bit torrents are for.;)
Muff #5048

I took my daughter movie hopping last Friday. The Happening was one of the 5 movies we saw. She liked it, but she's only 17. I thought it was stupid. OOOH! The trees are angry at us and making us commit suicide. Huh?! It was a big show on how many ways can people commit suicide. At the end it never really tells you why it is that people are doing this, other than their speculation that the trees didn't like them anymore. In the middle of the show they were saying it was because of big groups making the plants defensive. But then single people were dying. I think they were just using it as an excuse for their main characters not to die. It was dumb.

When it ended I was glad to go on to the next show.

Saw it last week. The movie is shit. The dialogue is crap. The story is ridiculous. The acting is atrocious. The only good thing in it was John Lequizamo who did a good job. The rest of the film is not worth your time or money. There is no real twist so don't expect one.
Muff Brother #4026
Loco Zapatos Rodriguez
SCR #14793

Nothing to spoil. If you've seen the previews you've seen pretty much seen the best parts of the movie. There essentially wasn't much of a plot. Can't spoil something if there is nothing there. It was just a go and see how people would commit suicide thing. Everything in between was just stupid. And I didn't particularly care to see how people would commit suicide either. So it wasn't even interesting to me. :P

Nothing to spoil. If you've seen the previews you've seen pretty much seen the best parts of the movie. There essentially wasn't much of a plot. Can't spoil something if there is nothing there. It was just a go and see how people would commit suicide thing. Everything in between was just stupid. And I didn't particularly care to see how people would commit suicide either. So it wasn't even interesting to me. :P

yeah but the whole point of the previews is to make you wonder why people are dying and what is "happening", and if you're telling people how, you're spoiling it!

:)

It was a big show on how many ways can people commit suicide. At the end it never really tells you why it is that people are doing this, other than their speculation that the trees didn't like them anymore.

So, nature is getting revenge on mankind for abusing the planet?

Al Gore ought to LOVE that plot.

I refer you to my previous post. :D

Yes, I guess I'm a bit wordy and you stated it just as well. :D I guess I'm still a bit bummed that I wasted all the time watching such a stupid movie. At least I got my money's worth with the next 4 movies I saw that day. Although The Strangers was just about equally as stupid. :P

Yeah, we had a great time. She liked the movie and I didn't actually tell her my opinion of it because I didn't want to harsh her buzz. ;) Our record movie hop is 7 movies. And I believe that was done in January right before the Oscars so there were actually 7 really good movies in the theater. :)