GQ_jumper

UFC:88 Breakthrough

I didn't see Jardine. He was with Rashad?

Yeah, he was by his side up until he crawled into the Octagon.

Chuck is beginning to become like Tito, his strategy is easily predictable and people who may very well be lesser fighters are beating him on strategy.

Hopefully this is a wake up call. Or it's a sign that some of the old timers need to move on! ;)
~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com

Chuck is beginning to become like Tito, his strategy is easily predictable and people who may very well be lesser fighters are beating him on strategy.

Hopefully this is a wake up call. Or it's a sign that some of the old timers need to move on! ;)

Are ya kidding? Chuck is too proud or stupid to change. I refer you to my previous post about his Rampage training regime.
"Why change the thing that got me here?"

Because they got your number, Chuck.
My photos

My Videos

This fight is going to cause huge fallout in the LHW title picture, when this fight was announced everyone basically took Rashad out of the picture and planned for how things would roll out after Chuck won. It's not as easy as just erasing Chuck's name and putting Rashad in his place, you have to look at the interesting matchups within the title picture and who has fought who already along with when everyone fought last and how soon they can be ready again. I'm going to try and put it all together this week and see what I come up with. The 5 hour drive from Hollywood back to Yuma this morning gave me plenty of time to think about it!
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I know. I saw that interview too. Maybe he is too hard headed and dense to figure it out, but hopefully his coaches will slap reality in his face this time? Losing to Rampage is different, the man is a monster in PRIDE. I think losing to a newbie like Rashad is a bit more shameful. If this doesn't wake him up...then I honestly don't know what to say. [:/]

~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com

Forrest already came out before the fight and acknowledged that he would be fighting the winner of this fight very soon.
Rashad's next fight will be a title shot.

Doug.

Excusee me??!!?!? I don't freakin' THINK so!! Let's not rule out Lyoto Machida and Thiago Silva. Those two guys should be next in line for the title shot!
~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com

ATLANTA -- At least one prominent spectator will have a vested interest in the main event bout pairing Chuck Liddell with Rashad Evans at UFC 88 “Breakthrough” on Saturday at Philips Arena. Forrest Griffin (Pictures) believes the winner could be next in line for a shot at his light heavyweight championship.

“I think we’ll know Sunday [who I’ll defend the title against],” Griffin said.

A prohibitive favorite against the unbeaten Evans, Liddell looked rejuvenated in his rousing unanimous decision victory over Brazilian legend Wanderlei Silva (Pictures) in December and appears fully recovered from a hamstring injury that kept him sidelined for much of 2008. A high-profile bout between Griffin and Liddell, provided he defeats Evans, would likely draw enormous interest from the buying public.

“Everybody at this level is really good, but so many guys don’t have huge names,” Griffin said. “For me, it’s easier to get up for a huge fight like that. In a fight like that, I’d go out and do the best I can, and if I lose, oh well. I don’t want to say I want Chuck to win, but it would probably be better for me if he did. OK, I want Chuck Liddell to win. There, I said it. I’m a fan, too.”

Griffin (16-4) legitimized his standing as one of the world’s best at 205 pounds in July when he upset Quinton “Rampage” Jackson -- the only man to topple Liddell twice -- by unanimous decision at UFC 86 and captured the promotion’s light heavyweight crown.

“I realized at that point things were never going to get better for me; that was really the apex of my life,” Griffin said, tongue planted firmly in cheek. “It feels good to win fights. Losing feels so bad; that’s why I want to win.”

Based out of Xtreme Couture Mixed Martial Arts in Las Vegas, Griffin has reeled off three straight victories -- a rear naked choke submission against Brazilian superstar Mauricio “Shogun” Rua included -- since his TKO loss to Keith Jardine (Pictures) in December 2006. While Griffin wants to atone for his loss to Jardine at some point, the stars have not yet aligned for the rematch. Jardine lasted just 36 seconds against Silva in May, interrupting his climb up the light heavyweight ladder.

“He’s not doing so well right now, but in a few years, our roles could be reversed,” Griffin said. “Things change quickly in this sport.”

Perched atop the UFC’s deepest division, Griffin has a long list of potential challengers through which to navigate. Aside from an eventual match with Liddell, Griffin might also have to contend with the undefeated Lyoto Machida (Pictures) or Team Quest juggernaut Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (Pictures) in the near future. Rematches with Jackson and Rua remain possibilities, as well.

“There’s no shortage of work,” Griffin said.

Whispers have also begun to surface about an eventual showdown with reigning middleweight king Anderson Silva (Pictures), who seems more than willing to bounce between two weight classes.

“I’d fight him,” Griffin said. “I can’t possibly do any worse than the guys he’s been fighting. I’d last more than two minutes with him.”

I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
Winston Churchill

Excusee me??!!?!? I don't freakin' THINK so!! Let's not rule out Lyoto Machida and Thiago Silva. Those two guys should be next in line for the title shot!

The title picture in the LHW division is a lot more complicated than just who the next contender is, there's a long line of people behind him, yes, Rashad has been given the unofficial nod as the next contender but it isn't set in stone yet, might as well be though, Chuck was supposed to be up next and he lost, so his defeater gets the shot.

Thiago and Machida won't fight for a little while, you can't expect Forrest to sit around on that title forever without defending it, he needs to fight to keep it. Machida though....we all know my opinion on that little fucker, he needs to grab his balls and step up and work to finish his fuckin fights if he wants that title shot. the only time he engages is when he's forced to, if he isn't backed into a corner he runs away swinging in every fight but fails to finish.

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

we all know my opinion on that little fucker, he needs to grab his balls and step up and work to finish his fuckin fights if he wants that title shot. the only time he engages is when he's forced to, if he isn't backed into a corner he runs away swinging in every fight but fails to finish.

Oh, for shit sake, get over it! So he didn't give Ortiz a good fight... :PI still think he has the skills to go against Forrest. And how long does Forrest REALLY have to wait anyway? We still have to see BJ defend his title again, and we have the Mir vs Noguiera matchup. And FYI...Machida vs Silva just got dropped out of the stack from UFC 89. What do you think about that...eh??
~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com

Looks like heat stroke/dehydration. He was out in some extreme heat in the desert.

">http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=ApLMFFIXbQim5MqeWx61E8EMNwU6?slug=ys-mmaweektanner090808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns"

Really a shame. Evan sounded like a pretty cool guy.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

If you look at the previous trends in the UFC for who gets title shots- it's not typically who deserves the shot- it's who may deserve it, ubt who is going to draw the crowd. Im calling Evans/Griffin now. Two Ultimate Fighters finally meeting up for the belt? That would draw a crowd.
And as far as Evans goes....it's only going to take someone pressuring him in the first round to end his undefeated streak. And Griffin is definitley the guy who could do it. Go to UFC.com and check out the article titled UFC 88 Musings.
As far as Chuck goes- he's not retiring. Not a chance. I was trying to figure out what he'd do- drop to middleweight (probably not, seeing as how he'd have to face Silva sooner or later- and that would end bad)- go up to heavyweight (really bad idea seeing as how he'd have to face Lesnar ssoner or later, and that would be bad). He's sticking at light heavy- but I really don't see much left for him. I think you might see him fight 2-3 more fights, and then retire. I don't see Chuck in the title fight anymore.
Just my 2 cents.

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

Yea that comment was just goofing.
I've been talking trash about GSP since the Serra Fight. Specifically to rib China girl.

I like GSP but its fun to rile up people fo rno reason other than to talk trasdh about GSP.:ph34r:

Forrest.
I like him but...he has WAY too much scar tissue to last long. Even if that's the only thing that stops him I have to call that now.

If he goes 5 rounds with someone toe to toe he'll get cut like crazy and the fight will be stopped.

My photos

My Videos

Yea that comment was just goofing.
I've been talking trash about GSP since the Serra Fight. Specifically to rib China girl.

I like GSP but its fun to rile up people fo rno reason other than to talk trasdh about GSP.:ph34r:

Yep...I already what a bitch you are. Go ahead and be hatin' on my future husband! :P
~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com