everymansaved

Computer help please?

I know this isn't a computer forum, but I wouldn't know where to start looking elsewhere, so I hope there are some people on here who can help me.

I just bought a used laptop and the headphone jack doesn't seem to work properly. When I listen to music on the headphones, I can hear the music, but the lyrics are extremely quiet (like barely audible). When I listen to something that is strictly vocals (like Skydive Radio) I can hear it, but it's really quiet. I've played around with a few sound settings in the control panel, but nothing's worked. The speakers work fine, it's just the headphones that give me problems. Any ideas?
God made firefighters so paramedics would have heroes...and someone can put out the trailer fires.

have you tried using speakers? just for the sake of eliminating your headphones as a problem. what type of sound card does it have? does it have any software to adjust volume levels? go to your control panel and click on sounds and audio devices and speaker settings, click advanced. select headphones if not already selected... desktop speakers will work too. If the previous owner had 5.1 or something selected you would not hear what the middle channel would hear since with 2 headphones there is no middle.
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.