PeregrineFalcon

Randy Coutre VS Brock Lesnar

I know it's two months away, but I was SHOCKED to hear that a guy who's record is only 2-1 is getting a shot at the heavyweight championship. I don't care if he is a big draw. If Randy were five years younger, it wouldn't even be a contest, but age does play a factor here. Of course, I'm saying this thinking that he had no chance against Silvia or Gonzaga at his age and he still beat both of them pretty handily.

In fact, I get a lot of these wrong: Jackson vs Griffin, Cro Cop vs Gonzaga, Jardin vs Liddell, St. Pierre vs Serra I, Bisbing vs Hammil. That's why this sport is so cool. It's unpredictable.

I like Brock Lesnar, but he is getting this shot way too early. I would say the only reason they made this match is because of the money. It'll draw fans to the PPVs. Brock can pound and pound and pound and will go straight at you with a take down at the bell, but in his last fight, he didn't know how to finish off his opponent. That spells trouble against Couture.

But what do I know... I've only watched UFC a few times on TV.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I think brock is getting it too early too.

BUT, look at the heavyweight class.

Now, knowing that nogueira and Mir are fighting each other for the title, I believe arlovski left for a different org. and Dan Severn shouldn't be on the list since he hasnt fought in a hundred years I don't see who else brock would fight. Cheick kongo is the next up. The Heavy weight class isn't too deep with talent.

If for some luck Lesnar wins, maybe it'll draw some heavyweight fighters over and get the pool more interesting.

Fabricio werdum and checik kongo and gabriel gonzaga are thre only ones that I would consider talent that are not fighting.Brock should have to go through those guys, first.
My photos

My Videos

I think brock is getting it too early too.

BUT, look at the heavyweight class.

Now, knowing that nogueira and Mir are fighting each other for the title, I believe arlovski left for a different org. and Dan Severn shouldn't be on the list since he hasnt fought in a hundred years I don't see who else brock would fight. Cheick kongo is the next up. The Heavy weight class isn't too deep with talent.

If for some luck Lesnar wins, maybe it'll draw some heavyweight fighters over and get the pool more interesting.

Fabricio werdum and checik kongo and gabriel gonzaga are thre only ones that I would consider talent that are not fighting.Brock should have to go through those guys, first.

I agree with you here. The heavyweight division is THIN right now. Dan Severn? Isn't he pushing 50? Don't forget Mirko Cro Cop. He may have two recent losses, but that dude is DANGEROUS.

Wait. Now that Coutre is back, Mir VS Nogueira isn't for the title, right? I bet those two are PISSED. Those two should get a shot before Lesnar. Mir especially since he beat Lesnar.

Lesnar is a monster at taking people to the mat and not letting them get up, but he honestly can't punch for all his strength. In a three round fight, I think he beats Coutre, but with five rounds, you have to think he'll start getting tired and Coutre can find a way to negate his wrestling. Like I said. I'm wrong a lot on these. I'm not certain about any of this. This is an honest to god great sport.

I like Brock Lesnar, but he is getting this shot way too early. I would say the only reason they made this match is because of the money. It'll draw fans to the PPVs. Brock can pound and pound and pound and will go straight at you with a take down at the bell, but in his last fight, he didn't know how to finish off his opponent. That spells trouble against Couture.

But what do I know... I've only watched UFC a few times on TV.

Shit, for someone who's only seen the UFC a couple of times, you catch on quick.

Wait. Now that Coutre is back, Mir VS Nogueira isn't for the title, right? I bet those two are PISSED. Those two should get a shot before Lesnar. Mir especially since he beat Lesnar.

Lesnar is a monster at taking people to the mat and not letting them get up, but he honestly can't punch for all his strength. In a three round fight, I think he beats Coutre, but with five rounds, you have to think he'll start getting tired and Coutre can find a way to negate his wrestling. Like I said. I'm wrong a lot on these. I'm not certain about any of this. This is an honest to god great sport.

Mir did get lucky that Lesnar left his leg wide open, another 10 or 15 seconds of pounding by Lesnar and the referee might have called the match for Lesnar. From all the reviews I've read, you're right, Lesnar has yet to really show his punching power. He seems to be content on throwing a lot of short fists once he's got his opponent on the ground, just pound pound pound but without any real power. That dude is just flat out big. Corn-fed and raised on a Nebraska farm, they come out big. I'd like to see him develop and improve the facets of his offense and defense that needs it. He can be unstoppable if he does.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Wait. Now that Coutre is back, Mir VS Nogueira isn't for the title, right? I bet those two are PISSED. Those two should get a shot before Lesnar. Mir especially since he beat Lesnar

I was thinking the same thing. I would be pissed.
But if Randy wins, does that means he goes back into retirement?
I mean wtf he retired, came out to fight Silva. Then, he quit the UFC for contract negotiations now he's back.
At this point I would say Noguiera/Mir get the title and Randy has the interim title.:ph34r:
My photos

My Videos

*Pulls guy card out of wallet and prepares to hand it over*

Am I the only guy out there that doesn't give a flying rats ass about this shit? I hear guys at work talking about it. I never did get the concept of people kicking the shit out of each other. I admit that those that compete are in incredible shape, but I'd rather waste my time in front of the TV watch tennis, or even golf for that matter.

OK, not golf.:ph34r:

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Mir did get lucky that Lesnar left his leg wide open, another 10 or 15 seconds of pounding by Lesnar and the referee might have called the match for Lesnar.

Mir has always been the guy getting beat up and pulls out a submission. Especially since his rehabilitation from his bike accident.

I'm not saying Mir was in control during the whole fight, but luck had nothing to do with it.

Inexperience did.
My photos

My Videos

*Pulls guy card out of wallet and prepares to hand it over*

Am I the only guy out there that doesn't give a flying rats ass about this shit?

No. I could care less abot football, baseball and hockey. You know how many conversations I aviod by giving that answer? I really never gave a shit about watching sports. I didnt really get into ufc until the reality show came on.
My photos

My Videos

I'd rather waste my time in front of the TV watch tennis

I like tennis. Especially women's tennis when the girl in the near court has a tight...um...serve. ;)

, or even golf for that matter.

What golf? On televesion? WTF?

OK, not golf.:ph34r:

Whew. You wouldn't have had to turn in your man card, but you would have had to sign up for the AARP as a senior citizen if you really liked watching golf on tv.

God, I'm bored. I'm trying to put two weeks between going to the DZ for the sake of money. So far, it's not working for me.

According to ufc.com- Mir/Noguiera will still fight for the interim heavyweight belt (by right they really can't take it away). Lesnar/Couture will fight for the official heavy weight belt. Then the winner of those two fights will fight, unifying the heavyweight division back to one belt. I would say it makes the most sense to do that. Plus you give the fans an extra title fight to watch. My predictions now are Lesnar defeating Couture, and Noguiera defeating Mir (although I'm about 60/40 with that prediction). Either way, its gonna make it interesting.

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

My prediction is that if I make a prediction it will be wrong.:D

I say couture can out think Lesnar.He's got days of active fight time and he's a good wrestler.
If he can neutralize the ground game he'll have the stand up advantage.

Brock doesn't know how to finish yet. So even if it does go to the ground I think randy can lock him up with something.

I like Mir Mainly because I feel sorry for him. He was the champ then got t-boned on his motorcycle.
His return has been steadily gettin gbetter but Nogueira isn't someone you wanna face if you aren't 100%.

Mir has always been the guy who gets pummled but then submits his opponent so the Lesnar fight wasn't a shock. (except the Brock is as thick as a house...that surprised me.)

My photos

My Videos

Lesnar is a monster at taking people to the mat and not letting them get up, but he honestly can't punch for all his strength.

I can't stand Lesnar. I was excited to see him entering the UFC because he seemed like a really good athlete. He's quick for a heavyweight and has a solid background in wrestling. However his WWE tactics annoys the shit out of me. I don't want the UFC to become an "overdrama-ed out" sport. One of the thing I admire about these fighters are their mutual respect for each other. Lesnar is just a fat meat head next to these athletes. I want to see him lose and lose BIG!

That said, I have to disagree with you about Lesnar not having any power in his punch. Did you see the last fight with Herring? Herring tumbled over on his back and was completely dazed. It was obvious the match was over by then...that fucker is strong. Randy has a strong chin but has been knocked out by Liddell before. Unfortunately, that's what I'm anticipating for the upcoming match. :(
~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com

Randy has a strong chin but has been knocked out by Liddell before. Unfortunately, that's what I'm anticipating for the upcoming match

So does dana white. He wants lesnar to win since he's been a huge selling point.
I agree with his bullshit antics. I was sick to my stomach to think this is the way UFC would start moving.
I like rampage but I HATE his entrance. it SCREAMS "the junkyard dog" from WWF.

Those numbskulls from tap out annoy the shit out of me, too.

And btw, who did you say knocked out Randy?
Liddell? is that the guy who use to be a fighter?:P
My photos

My Videos

If Lesnar wins, it's not going to be from a knock out...at least not standing up. It'll be from taking Coutre down and not letting him get back up. Then a few punches...and a bunch of nothing...then the ref stands them up...then Lesnar takes him down again. Wash, rinse, repeat. That's how Lesnar will win. And that will only happen if Coutre really is too old to counter, which he may be, I don't know.

As for Lesnar being quick for a big guy? Hell yes, he is. He explodes on those shoots. But he wasn't able to punch well against Herring.

Hell, I just want to see Brock Lesnar F5 Randy just for shits and giggles. Boy would that be something... :D:D:D

I assume f5 is from WWE? care to explian?

No explanation needed, watch this video of him F5'ing the 7'0" tall 500 lb The Big Show during his days in the WWE... He sure is fucking strong. :o:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUt-5PnrfjY

That's actually pretty weak. He puts them on his shoulder than drops them?

does he usually spiral them like a tornado (F5)?

It's a staged move anyway. He's done it to everybody in the WWE, but 500 lbs is a lot to pick up. I've only seen less than a handful of guys do it.

Now this one is more impressive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOjMxnXb6Nk Brock did a shooting star press, which is a forward moving back flip from a standing position off the top corner turnbuckle, on Kurt Angle (the Olympic Gold Medal wrestler). I've seen much smaller, more agile wrestlers do it and make it look easy, but Brock.... holy fuck. He only did it once, and never again. He didn't make a full rotation and slammed his forehead into the mat, just missing Kurt. Kurt acted a little to make it look like Brock had hit him.

Brock suffered a pretty good concussion from that stunt. That blank stare he had on his face after the match.... phew....
:S

However, you'll never see any of that shit in the UFC.

Now this one is more impressive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOjMxnXb6Nk Brock did a shooting star press, which is a forward moving back flip from a standing position off the top corner turnbuckle, on Kurt Angle (the Olympic Gold Medal wrestler). I've seen much smaller, more agile wrestlers do it and make it look easy, but Brock.... holy fuck. He only did it once, and never again. He didn't make a full rotation and slammed his forehead into the mat, just missing Kurt. Kurt acted a little to make it look like Brock had hit him.

Brock suffered a pretty good concussion from that stunt. That blank stare he had on his face after the match.... phew....
:S

However, you'll never see any of that shit in the UFC.

I hope not...!! [:/]
~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com