simplyputsi

It didn't happen. BillyVance is still here

When they turned the collider on, they were just sending particles down in one direction and then the other. They haven't collided anything yet. Even when they do start colliding particles, it's still probably a year away before they do it at full power. Only then could they possibly create a black hole and destroy the universe.
Muff Brother #4026
Loco Zapatos Rodriguez
SCR #14793

A black hole is what is left after a Star has burnt all its fuel and goes super nova. The leftover matter collapses into an extremely dense object known as a neutron star. If the neutron star is too large it continues to shrink until it forms a black hole that is so dense and the gravitational forces so strong that it prevents even light from escaping.
That being known I can't believe that this collider could possibly create a black hole when they smash some very small very light particles together.

Willy
growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

>A black hole is what is left after a Star has burnt all its fuel and goes super nova.

Not quite - that's just one kind of black hole.

A black hole is any object that is so dense that its gravitational force does not allow anything (even light) to leave the object. They can range in size from galactic-core black holes (20 billion times the mass of our sun) to intermediate sized black holes caused by the collapse of smaller stars (down to 1.5 times the mass of our own) all the way down to micro black holes (20 micrograms.) Small black holes such as these can be formed only during extremely energetic events like cosmic ray/matter collisions or ultra-energetic particle collisions.

Even if you could create one, though, it would evaporate rapidly through the emission of Hawking radiation. As the hole emits energy, it loses mass, until it evaporates suddenly when it loses its event horizon.

I just want to know, when am I going to get a ride in the thingamagiggy? Strap some magnets to me or something, give me a spacesuit, and toss me in that sucker!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

I saw the sign by the entrance...you gotta be taller to ride it, sorry! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I just want to know, when am I going to get a ride in the thingamagiggy? Strap some magnets to me or something, give me a spacesuit, and toss me in that sucker!!

I saw the sign by the entrance...you gotta be taller to ride it, sorry! :P

WTF!!! No one said anything about height requirements!!!! I'm filing a lawsuit to shut that bitch down now due to discrimination!!!
Sons of bitches don't know who they are messin with:ph34r::ph34r:
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Great! You go one way, Billy goes the other. When ya'll touch, let Sunshine know.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239