GARYC24

Seeking tool ideas?

Get a slam hammer, Best tool you can have for when your car breaks down:ph34r:

I have always wanted a board stretcher. One with a lot of sharp teeth to grab the board just right, but they have always been just out of my grasp.

You can stretch boards with a saw (table saw and tapering jig for thin boards; bandsaw for wider ones or really thick ones that get resawn first, wood glue, clamps, and planer.

Cut through the boards diagonally with a 10:1 slope in a bunch of places alternating directions, scarf joint them back together with some separation, and plane back to thickness.

yes, they buy that stuff.
they can't read a full thread in a forum, but they do buy that stuff.
:S

I did see yours also Mark but your one was just a pic, that had a whole list of them with prices.
:D:D $20 for a bacon press:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

If you could figure out a "magnet" that picked up spent brass, you'd make a fortune!

All the little "fingered carts" and such always pick up random trash and they don't work in the grass. I always hate spending a lot of time picking up brass after a day at the range. I wish there was an easy, fast and lazy way to do it. Now if your machine automatically sorted by caliber and checked for truing issues, then assembled for a reloader...then you could retire on your own island!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

What well equipped shop doesn't have a right angle drill? Mine does. Well, how about a right angle reciprocating saw?

Where can I find a cup of starboard running light oil?
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Where can I find a cup of starboard running light oil?

you will find it in the isle next to the Dead lights, adjacent to the striped paint
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

True story: My enlistment was nearly up. We were underway. I was on duty in the engineroom with my chief when a new guy from the bridge comes down with an empty coffee cup in hand, says he needs starboard running light oil. I told him to wait here, it's in the store room aft, I'll be right back. I ran up to the galley, got the cook to put some green food coloring in the cup, then filled it with water. After making my way back to the engineroom, I told him to be careful going back up to the bridge, we don't have much left. :) Always wished i could have been on the bridge when he showed up with that cup of green water. :ph34r:

When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

True story: My enlistment was nearly up. We were underway. I was on duty in the engineroom with my chief when a new guy from the bridge comes down with an empty coffee cup in hand, says he needs starboard running light oil. I told him to wait here, it's in the store room aft, I'll be right back. I ran up to the galley, got the cook to put some green food coloring in the cup, then filled it with water. After making my way back to the engineroom, I told him to be careful going back up to the bridge, we don't have much left. :) Always wished i could have been on the bridge when he showed up with that cup of green water. :ph34r:

We had simliar when i was in the NAVY:ph34r::ph34r:

Go to the Galley and ask Chef for a left hand piss strainer:ph34r::ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

If you could figure out a "magnet" that picked up spent brass, you'd make a fortune! I always hate spending a lot of time picking up brass after a day at the range. I wish there was an easy, fast and lazy way to do it.

When you know which way your brass goes flying when it ejects, just lay an old blanket or tarp out there at that location. The brass will eject and fall into the center of the blanket. When you're done, pick up the four corners of the blanket and all your brass is in a nice pile in the center.

For my prone matches with rifles that kick the brass forward down the hill into the deep grass, I have a deflector shield that I place in front of me and to the side. The brass hits the shield and drops into a pile. The "shield" is just one of those roadside plastic corrugated signs, with a pair of metal spikes to hold it in the ground. They're laying around free at many intersections in Houston, or you can buy the stuff at a hobby store. After people saw mine, they started making their own, and they are proliferating at the range.

I also use the shield with my AR-15, which kicks the brass out to the side to three o'clock. In this case, it keeps the hot brass from landing on the shooter laying next to me, keeping him from being distracted and burned.

I'd post a picture, but my digital camera is off for repair.