africapete

Possible help with immigration interview

I recently filed Form I-485 [ Application to register Permanent Residence ] with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service. This application is based on marriage and I have an interview in Chicago on September 22.

I was wondering if anyone went through the interview process recently - any help as to what to expect [questions, etc.] will be greatly appreciated . PM me please !

Thank you, Peter .

I recently filed Form I-485 [ Application to register Permanent Residence ] with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service. This application is based on marriage and I have an interview in Chicago on September 22.

I was wondering if anyone went through the interview process recently - any help as to what to expect [questions, etc.] will be greatly appreciated . PM me please !

Thank you, Peter .

I think they should let you in if you've got one of those hot Cape Town accents I've loved since I first heard it at my home DZ!!

How YOU doin'? Just kidding.

Seriously, good luck and I hope you get the information you need.

Blue Skies -
Karen
Always be kinder than you feel.

I had that interview last year, I took piccys of us doing stuff together and that was it, they just looked
and said fine, whole thing took about five minutes. They just want to see that you're not taking the piss.
They know if you're genuine or not. The worst thing is the wait, seems like it takes for ages.
Just to add - there appeared to be a couple of people who CLEARLY were... well lets say they raised an eyebrow as to their authenticity, but I think 99 out of 100 people are genuine to be honest.

My wife and I went through the process you are describing after becoming married. My advice is to dress respectfully. Sweat pants, jeans, t-shirt, flip flops is not cool. Bring plenty of pictures of you and your signifigant other together and pictures of the both of you with each others family and friends. Just keep the answers simple, and if you have nothing to hide the interview is a breeze. You will have to follow up in 2 years after your intitial interview.