likestojump

cellphone signal extenders/boosters

like most I get shit reception for my cellphone in the basement. It's a Sprint phone, 1900Mhz.

Considering purchasing a signal booster/extender. The prices seem to be about $200

has anybody used them ?
how well did it work for ya ?
any suggestions ?

thank you !

The price we pay for compactness. My dad bought a car phone/bag phone back in 1985 or 1986. There was probably one cell tower in the state at the time, but by god that phone always had reception. It didn't matter where we were. Then again, it put out something like 4 watts and modern cell phones put out somewhere around 0.0004 watts. If a modern cell phone put out enough power to rival those old bag phones then battery life would suck and people would develop a Tu-ma () in a couple of days.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

The price we pay for compactness. My dad bought a car phone/bag phone back in 1985 or 1986. There was probably one cell tower in the state at the time, but by god that phone always had reception. It didn't matter where we were. Then again, it put out something like 4 watts and modern cell phones put out somewhere around 0.0004 watts. If a modern cell phone put out enough power to rival those old bag phones then battery life would suck and people would develop a Tu-ma () in a couple of days.

Dave, you are correct. I believe old bag phones were 3W. And they did eat a lot of battery. Thus most were installed in cars :)

The short answer from ZD-net is that the extenders work, some of them some of the time, that is. Then again, ZD-net has done biased payed for pieces before.

http://review.zdnet.com/cell-phone-and-smart/wi-ex-zboost-yx300/4505-6448_16-32612743.html

I READ WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET HAVE SAID.

I want to know what individuals on this forum have PERSONALLY experienced. Thus the phrasing of my post.