Conundrum

Amazing Hurricane Ike Photos

But what sucks more is watching your house burn down while surrounded by all that water

That would suck!

my heart goes out to everyone there

Mine too. No power or running water. I went 18 days without a shower once. Not something I would like to repeat. It sucks!
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Those pictures break my heart... I pray for fast recovery of all of thos effected by Ike. Growing up in Florida, I had no idea that there were gators in TX. I knew they were in LA, but I thought that was as far west as they lived. Also, my mom in INDIANA was w/o power for over 24 hrs from Ike... That was one nasty storm. Thanks for sharing the pictures...

My oldest brother lives in the Turks and Caicos Islands. Hanna passed over them 3 times in 4 days and then Ike hit them right afterward. If you go here:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=21712641&albumId=2890366

you can see some of the pictures that he took during and after the storms. He has three albums, so if you login to myspace you can look at all of the photos.
Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

Growing up in Florida, I had no idea that there were gators in TX. I knew they were in LA, but I thought that was as far west as they lived.

Texas has a LOT of gators in the swampy areas along the coastline, all the way down to the Mexican border. Once you get more than about 50 miles inland you don't see many any more, although some can be found just about anywhere in east Texas.