skydemon2

Jump ticket prices

2 questions,

Ok so gas prices are down a little and it will probably keep going down for a little while. How many of you think your DZO will lower their prices as fast as they raised them?

Also in case you didnt notice the economy is in the tank do you think your DZO will lower prices to lure people back out?

Ok ok not my usual unserious post so I added some boobies to spice it up..... NSFW fockers
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

Auto gas is down. 100LL and Jet-A is as high as ever. Also, we're going into winter. That means that Jet-A's production is cut dramatically to make room for heating fuel production and this is due to a lower demand for Jet-A in the winter from GA. So Jet-A prices are typically high in the winter anyways.

DZO's are loosing their ass due to the fuel prices, we're just lucky that a typical 13k lift ticket doesn't cost about $45 right now!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Ok..... So do you think the DZO's will be as quick to lower the prices as they were to raise them, if the price of gas comes down.

Just curious, and I am referring to the bigger single/multi turbine dz, how do you figure they are losing thier asses jet-a would have to be $20 a gallon to justify that type of price (45). Most places raised their prices as fuel went up, their losses (from gas)should be minimal. Now the ecomomy thats another story.

$20 a gallon to justify that type of price (45).

Most place ate a lot of fuel increase before jump ticket prices increased. Most parts go up 5-8% every year not counting the fuel surcharges on shipments. Ever done an annual or hot section on a Caravan? Ain't cheap and has gone up a ton more than ticket prices. And no, I don't own/work at a DZ-I'm the guy that's charging more for parts every year.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

A typical otter takes about 35 gallons to take a load to altitude. At around $5 a gallon that's around $175 in JUST fuel cost to put that load up. 20 people at $20 gives $400 on that load. Now pay the pilot a pittance of $25 and you're looking at $200 left on that load.

How much do you want the DZO to spend on maintanence? Do you know how much a new hot section costs? How about a 100 inspection? How much does manifest cost to run for your large DZ? Typically about $80-100 an hour. Now hanger costs, electricity, sewer...

I don't think you truly understand the costs involved.[:/]

That means that Jet-A's production is cut dramatically to make room for heating fuel production

I don't think that's true. A fixed percentage of each barrel of crude oil that gets refined becomes jet fuel. If the production of heating oil increases, the production of jet fuel automatically increases as well.

Dave

I had always thought it was true for the GA market.

I can't find anything that says either way in regards to production for GA. Do you have anything to help shed light on Jet-A (besides a match)?

No, I dont think you understand how much I understand...... :P

The question was, if the price of gas suddenly dropped in price do you think the DZO's would lower the price of jump tickets to reflect it? As a way of rewarding his loyal jumpers who stuck with the DZ. Or do you think he would say leave it the same.

I dont care how much the pilot gets or how much 100 hours cost or inspections or what ever. All that crap should be figured into the jump ticket cost already.

Hypothetically if gas dropped 3 dollars a gallon do you think the DZO would lower the cost of a jump ticket?

I say they wouldnt and when the price of gas goes up again they would start adding on to the already higher price.

I think that if that *did* happen, by the time that those savings trickled down to the DZ's fuel bill that it wouldn't make that much of a difference quickly. That and since its unrealistic DZOs wouldn't reduce prices quickly, hedging against the probable drastic rebound towards the expensive again.

2 questions,

Ok so gas prices are down a little and it will probably keep going down for a little while.

The President of theses here United States just was just on tv yesterday telling everyonr gas is going to be much higher and to just bend over and take it.

How many of you think your DZO will lower their prices as fast as they raised them?

Also in case you didnt notice the economy is in the tank do you think your DZO will lower prices to lure people back out?

Ok ok not my usual unserious post so I added some boobies to spice it up..... NSFW fockers

So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

Whew.... so youre answer is no, you dont think they would. :)

When fuel prices first started to get out of control a few years ago, TK at Z-hills put off raising ticket prices as long as he could. Eventaully he raised them. At one point fuel prices started to drop back down again and it was looking like they were going to stay that way so he DID drop the ticket prices back down a bit. Eventually things got even worse for fuel prices and they have been raised several times since then. I have no doubt that if fuel prices went back down so would our ticket prices. I can say this because it already happened last time fuel dropped back down.
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

So, how much extra fuel does it cost to get from 12K to 13K in say a full Otter at a given rate of climb?

What would your best option be..

• Increase in jump ticket price for the same altitude

• Reduce operation costs by reduced altitude and/or climb time

(.)Y(.)
    Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome