MuffDiver

Help me with this question please....

A pregnant lady will require more water than a non pregnant person since she is drinking for two. So she will drink the water and then the mechanic and pilot die and then the pregnant chick dies and everyone is dead. The pilot and mechanic should both agree to kill the pregnant lady so there is no argument and then they can save themselves and live happily ever after.

Island has water use some items from the luggage to make a still, and make clean drinkable water.

already mentioned more than once:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'm helping my neice with a school application and one of the questions on her application was....

A plane has emergency landed on a deserted island with three survivors, the pilot, a mechanic, and a pregnant passenger. There is only available water to barely keep only 2 of the passengers alive, but there may be enough time to get the plane fixed and flying again. Which of the 2 passengers should get the water and why?

I'm looking for other peoples opinions, thanks.

Ya'll are all wrong.

There is only available water to barely keep only 2 of the passengers alive, but there may be enough time to get the plane fixed and flying again.

They all get water. The pilot is crew, maybe the mechanic too.

Until I read it closer I was gonna say drink the fetus blood. >:(
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I was gonna say drink the fetus blood.

What about the amniotic fluid?!

(Note: do NOT drink amniotic fluid.... it's baby pee pee.... :o:o)

BACK ON TOPIC THOUGH:

Have her focus on her essay skills. Concise, logical and understandable. That is truly what they are looking at.

They want her to show how she thinks.

I'm helping my neice with a school application and one of the questions on her application was....

A plane has emergency landed on a deserted island with three survivors, the pilot, a mechanic, and a pregnant passenger. There is only available water to barely keep only 2 of the passengers alive, but there may be enough time to get the plane fixed and flying again. Which of the 2 passengers should get the water and why?

I'm looking for other peoples opinions, thanks.

It's a roundabout way of squeezing your views on fetus rights and discrimination issues - a political question. They can't ask directly, so they skirt the problem with this type of question.

Are you biased towards/against pregnant women (assuming the pregnant passenger IS a woman)?

I'd say, the pilot and mechanic because that is the only hope of anyone surviving. Plane fixed? Two (pilot and mechanic) survive. Who knows? If the plane is fixed before the pregnant passenger dies, then everybody will fly out of there. Not fixed? Everybody dies.

As you can see, I favor the idea of trying to get at least somebody to survive. The pregnancy has no bearing on my decision.

I think she should give them the Miss South Carolina response.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Am I the only one who's starting to think this is a really fucked up way to test your Pharmacist?

Is there a wrong answer that will preclude you from being accepted?

Only if you follow the easy options of answering it as a morality issue.
The essay can be approached from a lot of different angles,
If I were assessing the essays, the morality argument would be the easiest and least likely to be successful argument.
I would be looking for a well structured, well thought out critically reasoned response.
One that shows a thinking resourceful mind.

Not one that says "oh pick the pilot and mechanic 'cause they can fix and fly the plane", that's to soft an answer, and a very lazy approach.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

We are all wrong. They are going to be attacked by wild monkeys. They are all going to die,the monkeys are going to fix the plane and eventually take over the world.

Only if the plane is an AN-2. :|
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.