baronn

Anyone ever jump a Turbo Zx?

Anyone have any experience with the Turbo ZX canopy.I've been told they tend to have hard openings.

Yeah. I can confirm that. I did around 200 jumps on a Turbo ZX 145. I was overloading it a bit, IIRC recommended maximum wingload is 1.1, I was loading it at 1.3.

The openings started "brisk" and as the canopy went out of trim they went through "hard" to "Would it hurt less if I opened the reserve at terminal"?.

The landings weren't that great either; I couldn't get the canopy to plane out without inducing some speed with the front risers.

I use to jump a turbo ZX 145, loaded at about 1.1. I always said the openings were like a cracker jack box, you never knew what you were going to get.

I thought it was like a box of chocolates?
and you get your DL from crackerjacks:)
sorry

i have only one jump on one, and that was enough for me.

Anyone have any experience with the Turbo ZX canopy.I've been told they tend to have hard openings.

Yeah. I can confirm that. I did around 200 jumps on a Turbo ZX 145. I was overloading it a bit, IIRC recommended maximum wingload is 1.1, I was loading it at 1.3.

The openings started "brisk" and as the canopy went out of trim they went through "hard" to "Would it hurt less if I opened the reserve at terminal"?.

The landings weren't that great either; I couldn't get the canopy to plane out without inducing some speed with the front risers.

Loaded at 1.1? For such a fast sounding canopy (by name), it sure seems shitty!

I,ve had a Turbo ZX 185, put about 350 jumps on it.
It wasn't al that bad for a first canopy, but yes the openings can be a lets say: not that great for camera jumps. I think these days there are way beter canopies in the market like the Pilot, or a saf 2.
I always say try it before you buy it!!!!!!!!!

PS: made a cut-a-way twice.

------------------------------------------------
NIL VOLENTIBUS ARDUUM.
(nothing is difficult for those who really want it)