gjhdiver

Deuces's kids birthday

First, any chance we could make this a sticky for a few days ?

Anyway, most of us know that we lost a good friend to us all here in the forums and in real life when JP Kelly a.k.a Deuce died this last May. He's left a big hole in the lives of a lot of us, especialyy in the NorCal jumping community, but no more so than in the lives of his twin girls Yvette and Camille, who are turning 11 soon on the 27th September.

It's been really hard on them losing their dad, and I think it's important that we let them know that they are not alone as they spend their first birthday without him. As we all move on, it's important for us to remember that they have lost their father and role model, and that there's only do much that we can do to fill that void.

What we can do however is to send those kids a note or a card, or even a few bucks for a present. Let them know that we remember the Deuce, and to let them know that wherever he is now, he misses them and watches over them if he can, and that the friends he left behind remember him and his family.

So.... Take a few minutes out of your day and send the kids a card for their 11th birthday. Didn't you like to get cards when you were a kid ? Make them feel special, and let them know that there's lots of people they haven't met yet who think about them. Here's the address;

Camille and Yvette Kelly (send them one each !)
PLEASE PM FOR MAILING ADDRESS

Now you don't have any excuse ;)

Oh yeah, keep that address for Christmas and next year too !

I will most definitely send them each something. However can you possibly gimme a list of what 11yr old girls are into these days? I would love to send them an actual present, but i'm clueless on what to buy them.

Tanks!!

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I will most definitely send them each something. However can you possibly gimme a list of what 11yr old girls are into these days? I would love to send them an actual present, but i'm clueless on what to buy them.

Tanks!!

I don't know these girls personally but my daughter who is very close to their age is into makeup, Hannah Montana and or Miley Cyrus, and of course Highschool Musical. I will be sending them something too ;)

Yea gotta love the Hannah craze...Im gonna just send cards with small gifts. I tend to always have stuff in the closet to give as gifts since I shop year round for the following xmas.

Sunshine - Also include a little letter that asks what things they like, dislike, and how they are doing. Open things up to recieve a letter. Regardless of what is sent the girls will love it.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

I don't know these girls personally but my daughter who is very close to their age is into makeup, Hannah Montana and or Miley Cyrus, and of course Highschool Musical. I will be sending them something too ;)

Actually, I can think of something from Highschool musical I wouldn't mind for my birthday either, if those photos are anything to go by ;)

Just an update. Lot's of people are PMing me for the address, so thanks for that. I'm sure that the girls will appreciate it !

I'll be at Perris for most of this week at the P3 100 ways, but I'll be checking the message list daily more than once so if anyone else needs the address, just PM me.

I know that both girls are very involved in the church. They love animals. Camille loves to read. THey both are in a band and sing. Hmmmm. That leave a lot of choices, I know. They are also wild children who love to run amuck and climb trees, swing on bars.... go fast.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Can someone please PM me the address? Gj hasn't PM'd me back yet and I'd like to get some things out before it gets too late!

Thanks. :)

I prolly have it from last year, but that was in my 'closing pins' records and I haven't bothered filing those any where safe...I'll keep looking, but if someone could PM me it would be easier. Thank you!

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I sent mine out today priority -I think it should reach them by their birthday! Yea. :)
For anyone that needs further ideas...gift cards are again pretty neat for kids. I got them ice cream...mebbe somebody could get them McD's or something. $5-6 apiece will buy them lunch!

Anyhow, another idea is personalized stuff...I got them each a tiny little pretty thing from the state fair, each with their names on it. That might be fun especially for twins...everything our twins 'own' has their names on them, so people at school and such don't get their coats/lunch boxes/toys confused.

Also, inexpensive craft kits are fun for girls their age, too. Jaleesa likes making necklaces and knitting, etc. There are TONS of those on the market -anything from making hair barrets to bubble gum, and everything in between. Lots of fun, and not very expensive (we're talking $9-$15 range) If you find them online, you can even ship them from whatever company you buy them from straight to the girls. Saves you a trip to the post office and shipping supplies...

Fancy coins are fun, too. The Sacajewa 'gold' one dollar coins are cool! You can also go into any bank and ask for 'new' money. Crisp one dollar bills are fun, or new state quarters, new dollar coins, etc.

My daughter will be writing them letters...kids like to get letters from kids.

Cards are super fun, too. I know little Jaleesa LOVES to get mail; I don't imagine Camille and Yvette are much different! :)

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.