Gawain

Some Pics from Fort Campbell Today

The Pathfinders were training with VIRS (Verbally Initiated Release System) today - basically, guys on the ground call the jump...that means static line jumps. Today, they had some brand new, UH-60M (Mike model) Blackhawks, a bunch of Pathfinders, SF, Riggers, Air Assault to be the jumpers. I went to Corrigedor DZ to shoot some pics. They were jumping MC-1 canopies, mildly steerable...ish...:P

It's nothing like an 82nd drop, but the pics came out really well for an inexperienced camera guy...
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

did any of the pre-cropped pics have a good view of the ground to show the perspective of height (or lack there of)? B|

No, but these jumps were at somewhere just under 1,500 feet AGL...a bit on the high side for static line, but not uncommon. I had a zoom lens, so there was no real way to get a good "wide" angle like that anyway...
Make light!

The orange or red is to denote the "Cherry" jumper who is making his first jump since Airborne School and even some units bring them back out for first Helo Jump.

Max,

Thay had better have been NO LOWER than 1500' AGL. I know the guy that used to run that Course and was on the PDT and that was what he said :P.

When "DOC" gets back ina week or two make sure the new 1SG has him wear his "Cherry" suit too!

Nice pics btw.

Matt

An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

The orange or red is to denote the "Cherry" jumper who is making his first jump since Airborne School and even some units bring them back out for first Helo Jump.

Max,

Thay had better have been NO LOWER than 1500' AGL. I know the guy that used to run that Course and was on the PDT and that was what he said :P.

They said they were at 1500, but damn it still seemed "low"...plus, I had the zoom lens.

When "DOC" gets back ina week or two make sure the new 1SG has him wear his "Cherry" suit too!

Oh yeah, Doc's on that list alright...;)

Nice pics btw.

Thanks.
Make light!