PLFXpert

"Pets are Slaves"

So a woman said today...

I'm a big animal-welfare activist & supporter. I can see plenty of instances in which this statement would ring true, however, I couldn't help but think of my own pets...

all of which whom have their own way of telling me when they want out and when they want in. I just heard Sabre (one of our kitties) scratch at the back door and found myself running to let him in. :S:|
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

According to The Dude (our big black/grey cat, weighs around 30lbs), my wife is a slave driver!

He ran out the front door last night when she went to the car to get something. He didn't come back in and we didn't think about it as we were getting ready for bed. This morning as she opened the daily can of cat food to go with their dry food. One cat appeared, but The Dude wasn't there. Normally The Dude abides, but this is very unlike His Dudeness.

So she's checking all the closets to see if he's around or stuck somewhere and hears a very mournful meow at the front door. Well once he was let in he was wet from the sprinkler and he was definitely NOT abiding. He was so mad and meowing at her so much and in a very upset tone that it woke me up.

:D

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

It all depends. If you cater to your pet's every whim, YOU are their slave. :P

Hehe... yup. I don't cater to their every whim (Jojo is a dog, and dogs must be polite, trained, and have good manners), but I do everything I can to make sure they are comfortable and have the best food and medical care. I spend more on their food than I do on mine!

Yup.

The couch is "Cruzer's bed". [:/] At first we told Cruz, "No!" He'd be there when we'd return from going out and jump down as soon as we opened the door. Then it was just when we'd left the room. Now he doesn't bother moving...

even if we want to sit, too! :|

He goes running two miles every morning. He goes sniffing at least a mile every evening. He goes to dog park. He goes to doggie day-care and plays all day. He sleeps IN BED despite all efforts. B|

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Hi Xpert,
Slaves to whom???? Dogs may have owners as the saying goes, but Cats have "Staff!!" Starting with Angel Food McSpade (Solid Black fe. 14 yrs), Lucky (Another solid Black fe. 9 yrs), Jethro (Orange tabby ma, 7 yrs) Chuckey Blue (Solid Grey Ma, 1 1/2 yr) and Pumkin (orange tabby fe, about 5 mos) In the house, outside, paw at the door and they like to come and go thru the window in the laundry room, it's convenient. Just took 'em all to the Vet for their shots updated... Don't ask what the bill was, and you think Skydiving gear is getting expensiive!!??
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Human = slave
Feline = KING

My cats definitely rule the roost. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: Especially the alpha male!

Yep. I have four cats, and I'm pretty sure that they are not the slaves in this relationship. :D:|

I've got two cats, and I make damn sure they know who the fucking king is. ME. Don't get me wrong, I love them and make sure they know it, but they get their food twice a day, when I get up, and at dinner time. They go out when I decide to let them out, and I let them back in when I decide to. If they want otherwise, too bad, tough kitties. If they bother us too much about something, or especially when we're eating dinner with meat that draws the female feline to the table, she's getting her ass thrown outside. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Considering most pets would not be alive if it wasn't for us, I think they have it pretty good. Look at some of the midget dogs, would they survive in the wild? Bred for our entertainment. Death or slavery...... I think pets will take whatever they can get. (pets in my house typically have a better food selection than the humans residing, actually)

Yup.

The couch is "Cruzer's bed". [:/] At first we told Cruz, "No!" He'd be there when we'd return from going out and jump down as soon as we opened the door. Then it was just when we'd left the room. Now he doesn't bother moving...

even if we want to sit, too! :|

He goes running two miles every morning. He goes sniffing at least a mile every evening. He goes to dog park. He goes to doggie day-care and plays all day. He sleeps IN BED despite all efforts. B|

So do you let him stay on the couch even when you want to sit or do you make him get off?

As for when you're not home... get some large plastic chair roller mats, you know, the kind with the spikes underneath to grab the carpet. Turn them upside down and put them on the couch when you leave. The dog won't want to lay on them.

Human = slave
Feline = KING

My cats definitely rule the roost. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: Especially the alpha male!

Yep. I have four cats, and I'm pretty sure that they are not the slaves in this relationship. :D:|

I've got two cats, and I make damn sure they know who the fucking king is. ME. Don't get me wrong, I love them and make sure they know it, but they get their food twice a day, when I get up, and at dinner time. They go out when I decide to let them out, and I let them back in when I decide to. If they want otherwise, too bad, tough kitties. If they bother us too much about something, or especially when we're eating dinner with meat that draws the female feline to the table, she's getting her ass thrown outside. :P

LOL I used to be very strict with my cats... My oldest even learned basic sign skills and I wouldn't even have to open my mouth to tell him to do something. I taught him to walk on a leash, etc. But my oldest is 17 and I'll most likely have to put him down soon (maybe within the next two weeks), so I'm at the point where I just let him do what he wants - quality of life thing.

I figure if I'm 84 I'd like to be able to do what ever I damn well please.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?