Conundrum

Adopted another boxer, but he has some problems.

We adopted another boxer from the rescue on Sunday. He's 7 years old, sweetest thing in the world. Gets along great with our current boxer and our son. I took him for a check up at the vet on Monday - the news was not good.

He has two masses in his mouth, and a very sizable mass in his... *ahem*, butt. That's just what was found without x-rays. Who knows what else there is. We simply can't, and won't spend thousands of dollars on a dog we've had for 3 days. I feel very bad, but he has to go back to the rescue. They have a University they work with that does free medical procedures for sick or injured dogs. I also noticed yesterday, a yellow/green discharge from his nose. Oiy. [:/]

Pending a very thorough medical exam (and blood work), we may choose to keep him; but we just can't purposely take on the responsibility of a sick dog. Total bummer.

Here are some photos of him. I really do hope it works out and he can be helped at the University. It's gonna suck if he has cancer or something.

http://www.raspydesign.com/newboxer1.jpg
http://www.raspydesign.com/newboxer2.jpg
http://www.raspydesign.com/newboxer3.jpg

Pending a very thorough medical exam (and blood work), we may choose to keep him; but we just can't purposely take on the responsibility of a sick dog. Total bummer.

Here are some photos of him. I really do hope it works out and he can be helped at the University. It's gonna suck if he has cancer or something.

Would you take him on if he does have cancer, and it's cant be treated?
Woud you offer him an improved quality of life as oppossed to being held at resuce
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Would you take him on if he does have cancer, and it's cant be treated?
Woud you offer him an improved quality of life as oppossed to being held at resuce

If he has cancer, he will most likely be put down.

We adopted another boxer from the rescue on Sunday

See, I would have adopted a wrestler, then you actually have someone where the brain is more than a shim to keep their ears apart.

But hey, if you like boxing, then sure, adopt a boxer. Just be careful and be a responsible boxer owner. I don't want to see your boxer kept outside tied down with a logging chain and underfed to make it aggressive.

:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

See, I would have adopted a wrestler, then you actually have someone where the brain is more than a shim to keep their ears apart.

But hey, if you like boxing, then sure, adopt a boxer. Just be careful and be a responsible boxer owner. I don't want to see your boxer kept outside tied down with a logging chain and underfed to make it aggressive.

late at night you hear the wailings.
I COULDA BEEN A CONTENDA
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

late at night you hear the wailings.
I COULDA BEEN A CONTENDA

UPDATE (for anyone who was curious): Henry had his surgery yesterday. They didn't find any more polyps in him and they don't think the one big one they removed is cancerous. They did blood work on him but I'm not sure what the results of those were yet (I'm assuming they're ok since they operated on him - but I dunno).

Anyway, he comes home Saturday and I think it's gonna work out just fine. :)
http://www.raspydesign.com/twoboxers.jpg

UPDATE (for anyone who was curious): Henry had his surgery yesterday. They didn't find any more polyps in him and they don't think the one big one they removed is cancerous. They did blood work on him but I'm not sure what the results of those were yet (I'm assuming they're ok since they operated on him - but I dunno).

Anyway, he comes home Saturday and I think it's gonna work out just fine. :)
http://www.raspydesign.com/twoboxers.jpg

YAY! That's such good news. I was actually thinking about you the other day wondering how he was doing.

They look so sweet together! I'm glad this has a happy ending! :)
'Shell

I'm so glad this was a happy ending too...another sweet pooch, who deserves a good life, gets one!:)

"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson