skydiverbrian

weather holds suck

I'm not the only one that hates them, am I?

Did anyone in Orlando look outside their window today? Deland went on a weather hold!! There was barely a cloud in the sky! As I understand it, the pilot was eventually 'persuaded' to keep flying. So up we went to find widely scattered clouds with bases at 4K and tops at 4.5K and a beautiful view all the way to the ocean!

I'd be pissed if I was the DZO whose business was senselessly reduced by the pilot. [:/]

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal

I'm not the only one that hates them, am I?

Did anyone in Orlando look outside their window today? Deland went on a weather hold!! There was barely a cloud in the sky! As I understand it, the pilot was eventually 'persuaded' to keep flying. So up we went to find widely scattered clouds with bases at 4K and tops at 4.5K and a beautiful view all the way to the ocean!

I'd be pissed if I was the DZO whose business was senselessly reduced by the pilot. [:/]

Have to get some sucker to crack a beer. The skies will open. ;) As far as the pilot. YOU punch a cloud HE'S's liable.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

If the DZO is really concerned about it, there's no law that says HE can't get the proper certificates to fly and take the risks with the FAA himself.

Wise DZOs will balance things and allow their pilots to make decisions.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

And I'd be pissed if I was a pilot who was continually pressured to fly in marginal conditions!

it's all about the individual jumpers

YOU punch a cloud HE'S's liable.

All very wise and valid points. However, if anyone had seen the weather in Orlando today, it was GORGEOUS! Bright blue skies, 80ish temps, a consistent light breeze, and no thunderheads or anything. Has our sport become such that we require utter perfection in order to participate? The weather was much nicer than required by the BSRs, yet there we were, stuck on the ground. It's just very frustrating is all.

Wise DZOs will balance things

Which is apparently what happened, as we were back in the air shortly thereafter.

Thanks for entertaining my need to vent! :)

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal