Muenkel

I'm trying to be strong, but I'm not sure how much more I can take.

My sob story:

Today I suffered a seizure. I have been seizure free since 4/30/07. This happened in the presence of my pharmicist. I just zoned out. Ironically, I was picking up my anti-seizure medication. This means I cannot drive for 6 months.

Later this evening, I experienced numbness in the left side of my face around my mouth.

Tomorrow, I have to call my neuroligist and internist.

I'm trying to remain strong, but I'm literally trembling right now.

I'm posting here to keep myself distracted.

Thanks for hearing me out.

My best to you all,
Chris

[:/]

I know how it feels dude,
I know how it feels..

What are your 'tirgger(s)' or risk factors?
How were you feeling prior to the seizure? Had you eaten?
Is this a 'typical' seizure for you, or do you also get others? (I only get grande mals, which might or might not be preceeded by a lighter "blackout"which I never notice/understand the significance of)
What medication are you taking and for how long?
And knowing fully well that one might get.. complacent after a very long period that nothing's wrong, did you religiously take your meds or perhaps forget the occasional dose? That happened to me only two days ago.. Been kicking myself over that and now am keeping my meds in plain view of my bed, so it's the first thing I see after hitting the off button on the alarm clock.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

I know, just wondering if anything 'outside' your normal routine might have sparked another one after such a long time.

I know you were doing real well for quite a while, I'm sorry to hear this.

Be strong my brother, I know it's gotta be frightening...can't begin to imagine how deep it goes...just keep in mind Chris, ya gotta lotta friends here that are pulling for you!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I have TBI from an accident 5 years ago. In the spring of 2007 I suffered a series of seizures and was diagnosed with Partial Complex Seizures. I was hungry at the time today. I only had one other episode similar to this one. I zoned out completely and do not have any memory of what was happening during it. I'm on 800mg of tegretol XR and I have not missed a dose. I'm very careful about that because my neuro has not taken surgery off the table.

Sorry to hear you're dealing with seizures also. Vibes and prayers to you.

Thankfully, mine are fully under control - provided I keep taking my meds. However I can vividly remember the last one (feb. 2002) when I idiotically stopped taking them.

My thoughts are with you...
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Did you sleep well the night before? Fatigue can also trigger them. If I remember correctly you live in Massachusetts, if still so, who is your neuro? Mine is at the Epilepsy Unit at Massachusetts General and they are incredible.
Two and a half years ago I suffered a grand mal seizure with no previous history and a suspicious blackout the next day that nobody witnessed. While I believe that my case was a freak occurence more than anything else I understand the anguish and the lack of controll you feel right now.

Stay strong, and PM me if you need to vent.

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

Best wishes to getting this taken care of or at least managed. I know nothing about TBIs. I can't even imagine what it's like. We'll put in a prayer for you.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Sorry for the trouble you are having now, but think of the one good thing to come out of it, you will really remember the good days you have with great joy.

It seems all to often people never realize how wonderful life can be if there is nothing to illustrate how bad things can be.

Chris you know I have my own problems, and while in many ways they are not as bad as what you have going on, I still face every day knowing that everything I love doing may end abruptly.

Remember the good stuff when all you are facing is the bad.

Sometimes it is all we can do.

Call me if you ever need someone to talk to.

Dang, that sucks.

What's it like to have a seizure?

I haven't had any but my sister has had several and she can't remember any of the time during the seizure. She was extremely exhausted afterwards as well and just slept.

Best wishes Chris. Thoughts and prayers for you!!

Dang, that sucks.

What's it like to have a seizure?

I haven't had any but my sister has had several and she can't remember any of the time during the seizure. She was extremely exhausted afterwards as well and just slept.

Best wishes Chris. Thoughts and prayers for you!!

I used to have seizures as a kid (diagnozed Vaso Depressor Syncope) and I don't remember a darn thing once the vision went black until I woke up to my mom smacking my face (lovingly of course).

Sorry for you Chris. :(

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

Hey Chris,

I know this isn't easy right now but try to focus on the positive and think about where you've come from and how much better you are now than you were 2 years ago. I know it has to be scary and I know it must feel like a huge set back,but truthfully, right now you don't know what it is. It could be a simple matter of adjusting your meds or your diet, right? Just wait and see what the doctors have to say and keep moving forward, one day at a time just like you have been. You'll get through it!

Hugs and stuff!

maura

I have TBI from an accident 5 years ago. In the spring of 2007 I suffered a series of seizures and was diagnosed with Partial Complex Seizures. I was hungry at the time today. I only had one other episode similar to this one. I zoned out completely and do not have any memory of what was happening during it. I'm on 800mg of tegretol XR and I have not missed a dose. I'm very careful about that because my neuro has not taken surgery off the table.

Sorry to hear you're dealing with seizures also. Vibes and prayers to you.

Sorry to hear this Muenkel. For some, the need for higher dosages of Tegretol, or it's sister drug Trileptal, becomes apparent overtime. Your body just learns to process the drug more efficiently, so higher dosages are sometimes needed the longer you use the drug. You may just need a higher dose, but wait to see what your neurologist has to say.