upndownshop

SkyFest & Last day of school 2009 (2 choices allowed)

Shoot: Edited because I didnt clarify that the first 4 poll choices refer to: What week will school get out?

I am hoping I will get 2 answers from you.

Not sure how this will work, but there it is. One for the school dates and the other for desired event dates.

SkyFest has always been 6 days and this year we had such a great response we unofficially opened registration a day early on the Tuesday, had a good turnout. So thinking we will give it another go.

But I have always wanted to add another venue to this event but would require needing more weekdays and an additional weekend, thus finally forcing the "not so desirable" 10 days. I only say that because as a previous manufacturer rep and as the organizer of this event, anything over 4 days gets rough. Not to mention doing SF for 6 then having to go to the WFFC for 10 the following weekend, was murder let me tell ya.
But with the tremendous manufacturer support we continue to have for this event (25 attended this year) I think it is time for the next step. So to stay inline with what SkyFest is all about: YOU (in case you didnt know) I need your help. I prefer to have the kids out of school a few days before it starts and ends with a full weekend before July 4th.

Would like to announce dates and other critical information by early November.
You support is greatly appreciated!

Wow, 2009 will be its 9th year! Hard to believe I made my last jump with dad 9 years ago. Guess thats what breaking 40 does to ya.:S

Comments welcome...

I voted 1st week in June just because the heat in the south really sucks the energy out of ya. Make for a really long day. Sorry I missed it this year. Where do you plan on having it this year?

Well I did take it to Chester and guess what, record breaking 100 degrees that week. So it doesnt matter where SF is, cause its always gonna be a HOT event not to miss!!!

See here for a little info on that question, scroll down to my last post (copy link button gone :( ) http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3350281;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Are you keeping it in Chester next year or has the venue changed?
Asking based on a comment you made in another thread.
Kid's schedules don't matter to me, either.
Electricity on the other hand . . . . . :ph34r::ph34r:

Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

Dont You even mention Electricity to me. Hey.. Atleast I got really good at putting up and taking down the Pop-up over the 4 days I spent looking for power.:P

even with the great Power quest of Skyfest 2008, I truly hope Skyfest returns to Chester. Great DZ for Skyfest I thought. (And J, Where ever Skyfest happens to end up.. Who has dibs on one power outlet before ANYONE else this year??)

Dont You even mention Electricity to me. Hey.. Atleast I got really good at putting up and taking down the Pop-up over the 4 days I spent looking for power.:P

even with the great Power quest of Skyfest 2008, I truly hope Skyfest returns to Chester. Great DZ for Skyfest I thought. (And J, Where ever Skyfest happens to end up.. Who has dibs on one power outlet before ANYONE else this year??)

GD Michelle!! You had to mention electricity!!! I thought we were friends?

What is it J, you looked for it so hard that you can even smell the word now? Damn that took about 3 minutes and here you come, bashing an old man!

I think you know that no matter where, the first thing I will do is park about 8 cars around the reserved hookup until you get there. Hell Ill even hold your beer while you set up.:P

Hey Jello... Psst... camping world + generator. Shhh..;):P
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

My son graduates on June 5th so there's no way I'm missing that. I guess it doesn't matter too much what my opinion is since I flaked on you last year anyway. :P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I just replied to another inquiry in that thread. Check it out, or if you give me a canoe, no water, and alcohol you might be able to get more out of me. LOL

We deserved EVERY drop of alcohol consumed that day! And then some. :)

if we don't have the kids we may make an appearancy....I was looking for some place to travel to in june...;)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

oooo lets go over together!!

it would make the long flight over so much more fun, well at least for us!!!... the rest of the passengers might not think so but oh well right

;)

well....doc would be a very happy man to be surrounded by two lovely ladies either that or he would be ducking under the seat trying to hide due to his embarassment:D:D:D:D........if the dates are good we can plan it.....we are all about planning our travel in advance.;)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

My son graduates on June 5th so there's no way I'm missing that. I guess it doesn't matter too much what my opinion is since I flaked on you last year anyway. :P

Well I will be curious to see what 2009 excuse is! My tentative dates would be the week after that, so start preparing one now mama! LOL

Ok folks we can do better than this on responses, for 8 years I been yelled at about changing the dates away from July in Texas, its to hottt! So I do a survey and 68% prefer July in Texas, but I go ahead and take it to S Carolina and bump it up 6 weeks, guess what? Its to hottt, as many whined during it.
So help me help you, I need kids and colleges last days of school and preferred event dates. I think I already know when, and where, but I just want to be the courteous one that I am and give you a chance!

So hit me, with some data please, decision time is very near.

And I thank you for your support.B|

You'll never please everyone. You can't predict the weather.
10 days is too long for a boogie in my opinion. Too much time off work, too much $$, etc.
I voted for the 2nd weekend in June. I'll be there any weekend except the 3rd (work).
This is a great boogie and nobody should miss it.