RALFFERS

Ethernet Cable

What is the average cost for an ethernet cable? The 2 connecting my router & modem on the desktop are done; both need replacement.

Have no choice but to post using my phone for now.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

What is the average cost for an ethernet cable? The 2 connecting my router & modem on the desktop are done; both need replacement.

Have no choice but to post using my phone for now.

You mean the blue cables? I have a couple extra ones laying around that I don't think I need.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

They sell 'em at the dollar stores were I live. I'd imagine they aren't more than a couple bucks anywhere else.

If they're that cheap, yeah, get them then. It'll cost just as much, maybe a bit more to mail one.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You first need to teach the animals to not chew on them. Squirt guns are nice for this.

Surely you know a tech friend with a few extra cables?
A local "clone" pc shop should have the imports for less than $5 each for a 7-10 footer.

And for those that don't realize it, cable is faster than wireless. For now anyway.

who the hell is still using cables????:|:ph34r::ph34r::D:P

People who understand wireless security, or lack thereof.

It was a joke actually, and if my neighbors actually had a brain I'd be worried, but they don't. I'm actually using an ethernet cable lately.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Agreed that what we've been given as current internet connection speeds...10meg does "rock" - but what value is to be had connecting to it at 100mb?
:P

Data transfer across your own network.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

I'd be willing to bet that Ralf doesn't have the bleeding edge wireless....just a guess.

Do you still have a 10MB internet connection?

I have a 15MB internet connection. And 5 computers networked along with NAS hard drives. But since it's all in 2 locations, I have 2x WNR834Bv2 bridged and all the hardware is plugged into their 100mbit ports. I bet that at this point the bottleneck is NOT the wireless (which runs at 270mbit), but the 100mbit ports on the router. Actually considering Gigabit.

the point I was making is that wireless is not always slower. Don't keep thinking 11b 11mbis :)

And for those that don't realize it, cable is faster than wireless. For now anyway.

If my home network is 100mbit and my wireless is 130mbit (270 between bridges routers), does your statement still hold true for me ?

I wouldn't say that hardwire is and will always be faster than wireless, but it will always be more stable.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)

Not everyone has a "network" at home.
The vast majority of home users still have one pc, connected directly to their internet connection.

Thankfully, I've not had but a few pc's at home in quite some time now.

It's not like it matters in terms of router or nic prices. You're not going to find any hardware that only supports 10Mbps anymore.

Well, more good had come from the new needed cables than I had originally anticipated. I cleaned up the tangled jungle mess of wire that was lying under my desk for 4-5 years :o:$:)

My computer is still entirely unhooked; I'm only going to plug it all back up when I figure out how to organize/tie everything up to prevent this horror from happening again.

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of