Squeak

Weekend Numbers - October 11-12 2008

;) 1 0

Too much wind on Saturday, but got one jump in sunday before leaving for work - and it was Cindy's "back in the air" jump after her knee surgery. It was great to get back to flying with my honey.:)
By the way, we overheard discussion of where people wanted to locate their RV's at our new RV park at the DZ "If you are close to Doc and Cindy, she is a screamer, if you are close to Dave and Muttley, she is a moaner":$:$

Doc
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

0:0:0

No jumping yet, but I did bring my rig in for a repack.

On Saturday I was entertained with stories from Karl and Thatch. Apparently, they do things a little differently in SA! :ph34r:

Got the garage cleaned out on Sunday, boxes unloaded and piles ready for the community garage sale. Man, that will feel good to get rid of all the crap that's been hanging around since combining and selling 2 houses!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

0:9:1

Saturday:
1 H&P to start off Saturday morning flying close to my girlfriend.
1 Tandem Video
1 AFF Cat A video
1 First honest to goodness sit fly attempt... I'm not very good in fact I'm really bad...
:D

Sunday: 2 RW videos... I am curious what sort of exit technique the jumper in "12Oct2008-1.jpg" is demonstrating... it looks like an I tripped out of the door exit... :DB|
3 Tandem Videos: (the last one of the day I took a couple of shots of Phreezone leaving the plane shooting a tandem video)

Scott

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

2:0:0

The Sharks beat the Kings twice. Yay! :D

Stupid wind kept me out of the air all weekend. >:(

But it was a great party at the dz Saturday night. Disco ball, stripper pole, keg o beer, booze luge, lotsa far out costumes, and the power was only out for an hour or so.

I am curious what sort of exit technique the jumper in "12Oct2008-1.jpg" is demonstrating

Well, to me it's obvious what happened. Jessica tripped him. I see her diving out after him, looking all innocent. But I know the truth... :)
I got in 19 jumps on this PERFECT weather weekend. 18 4-way videos (last training before nationals) and a coach jump sorta thing with a student who packed for my team all season. She owes beer!

Dave

The "Otter Over The Moon" picture is awesome!!!

Thanks. I was standing out there waiting for SOMETHING to fly in front of the moon. The spot was all wrong for a canopy to get there. Then I watched the otter take off and turn around. I started looking at the plane, then the moon, then the plane.... "he's lining up for it!" Well, it wasn't on purpose, he was just coming around for a low pass, but it worked out perfectly. :)
Rest of my pics from the weekend are here.

Dave

0:2:0

Great weekend, took a couple friends out for their first tandems, and got a few jumps in myself. Skydive Kapowsin had their first annual skidiving film festival with some great films, spaghetti, beer, and friends. Afterwards a few of us met up at a local brew pub for a wild karaoke night.
Muff Brother #4204
SCR #14843

2.5 hours between loads:8:1

Things got a bit backed up this weekend, but I still got 8 jumps which was cool. A couple 2 and 3way freeflies-almost all with some nice, successful docks. Brought someone new to the dark side and we even got a sweet dock! Beer is owed for my first off landing at this dropzone ever.

*daizey*