Squeak

Weekend Numbers - October 11-12 2008

:$:1: a keg from what I hear

1st jump today since my knee injury/surgery. It was fantastic to get back in the air although I think doc just about had a coronary:D:D:D:D

Just got back in the air and went back to basics of docking and turns for the first time out :)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

:):4:1

Launched a 4-way exit from a 182 with Pieter, Frits and Bart, which went all over the place.
As we were jumping from six we never had a prayer of linking up again but I for one just couldn't stop laughing after the formation had exploded. Frits was falling away from me on his back with Pieter cannoning down after him and Bart spinning away to my right.
While it was my first such exit from that type of plane, the beer was in fact owed by Pieter for achieving his B-licence.
For the rest I managed to get in three H&P's, one from six and two from 3.5k meaning I got stuck at 199 jumps total. :S

1:
because of the pictures ever taken of me since having all my own gear. Thanks Nathalie...
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

:(:4:1

What, ":(" it seemed you had a few grey haired gentlemen following you around like a puppy ;)

As for me:

[:/]:2:0

Two jumps on a Storm 135, fun canopy, had a blast jumping with Kim and Thatch :)
Winds were a little sucky, but hey, least it did not rain.

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

5:1

Sitfly Boogie 08 in Cushing OK. Mullins King Air running like a rocket ship!!!! 5 good RW jumps, and my first attempt at Freefly, watching me try to sit had to be hilarious!! I actually held head down stable when I gave up on the sit. Winds were killer both days, stronger today. Yesterday, 18 mph with gusts to 22, today 18 - 28. Good thing Cushings Landing area is freaking huge!B|

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

:):2:2

Got two in finally after arriving at the "dragon" a little before 8 this morning hoping to get some solid jumps in. Wind sock was standing straight as an arrow. so we were on a student hold until probley 4:00 this afternoon (damn the waiting) but i got 2 very good jumps in before sunset. still windy as hell in the uppers, was getting NO penetration with my HUGE Nav. canopy. could have hit near the peas the first jump but played it safe and landed near the runway instead.

Had my first "relatively" wind jump today. was a good learning experience. didnt land out... so it was a good day.

Also saw 2 tandems Yaking there guts out on the ground for the first time

B|:19:0

19 tandems this weekend. We had a great weekend with 2 Super Otters running hot. It was fun watching teams training for Nationals. We had a Red Cross Raffle / Benefit for Hurricane Ike victims. Great BBQ by the Anvil Bros. It was good to really get back to work after the Hurricane.

:)
My beer jump was a 22-way for my friend's 3000th jump. The video is awesome...on exit, somehow I manged to literally hug Mark Schlater right off the door as he did a 360 thing. They kept replaying the video over and over in slow motion. :$
~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

80 degrees today:10:0

Who would have guessed it would have been 80 yesterday? Loads were really backed up but I still got in 10. 6 freefly jumps and 4 working jumps. Its not bad at all for mid- October in Ohio!
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Great weekend: :)
Six jumps yesterday:

Several 8-10 way belly jumps to prep us for attempt at Night SCR. On one of these jumps a newbie earned her SCR.

One was a 21-way (see Poe62's comments above about that jump). My biggest formation ever. Another newbie earned his SCR on this jump. How cool to earn SCR on a 21 way! Not only did Mark Schlatter "demo" excellent exit funneling technique... the only jumper who didn't make it into the formation is an AFF instructor! (He works at AFF and TI too much and doesn't fun jump much.) It was all good and a grand time was had by all.

Two jumps were NIGHT SCRs! (my first and second) :D

This morning I did a delightful easy "early bird" three way jump. Great fun.

I wish I could say that the weekend was without injury. There was one swooper who had a hard landing and incurred a wrist injury. Thankfully, the student with the two-out downplane was able to cutaway and land safely. So.... I sure wish that the wrist was OK... but between the student trouble and two loads of night jumpers.... I think we did moderately well.

The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

:)
2 pilot training jumps on Thursday eveining; a 4K simulated IAD and then we went to top for a 3-way with the DZO.

One 4way attempt on Saturday morning. Let FJC students call out letters and we attempted those randoms. Way too windy and it was the only load that day. Should have followed Hobie's lead and golfed or something.

Kansas All Cessna Boogie next week.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama