NlghtJumper

Who's single...

I am single because I took the on the responsibility of raising my 5 year old brother. I pretty much became a single parent and have put his needs first.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Actually, I am content wheither I have a SO or not. I refuse to live my life with marriage as the main goal. If I find someone then great, but if I don't then no big deal. I make sure that I live life in such a way that I am happy, regardless of the fact that I may be single or taken.

It's a win-win situation.

You stole my answer... there is so much more to life than having an SO. I do hope one day to find someone that I want to spend my life with, but I feel content if that never happens.

Me, I'm single, living it and loving it, I do what I want, when I want, where I want, whenever I want, with whoever I want. That in and of itself seems to send a chill up a womans spine. Very few women want to be 20 miles offshore on the Atlantic Ocean dealing with a saltwater washdown with the sun overhead. I don't have a cat, I don't have a dog. I do like it this way.

Plus I'm a pain in the ass.

I don't shit in the tub by the way. :)

... and whats your excuse?

As for me, I have yet to find someone worth my time. Getting really sick of the two months and out relationship rut I have fallen into for the past 2 years.

I'm in the same boat. I can't seem to find a guy who appreciates me for me, and doesn't want to try to change me. I've deemed that i am destined to be single for eternity... who knows.....

CReW Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

I agree with JeepDiver. I love being single. I could not imagine a better life than the one I have now (except for the current knee injury), and for a guy to be in my life, that means my life has to be better with him in it than it is now. That's pretty difficult.

I haven't seen such convoluted lines of conversation and such expert chronicling thereof since my days of all day bong marathons in college. ~ Lindercles

The only time I have trouble with being single, is when I start to miss the personal time you get from a relationship. [:/]

But I have a good 3 - 6 months before that starts kicking in again, so I am good for a while. :S

A man will do anything for the right woman,
and when that woman destroys him,
that man will become a hunk of meat with the common sense of a rodeo clown! ~ Christopher Titus

well suposedly i have annoying habits that realy got to the last girlfriend...... other than that i duno.... maybe it's cause i'm just a wierd guy and havn't found the right gal...

I'm single... mainly because I'm picky and only want the very best... :S

No. I think it's because of your squirrel fetish.

Most women think my fluffy tail is cute... but cute just isn't good enough... :D
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

I've been thinking about this and have come up with the following:

A partner provides 3 things (not mutually exclusive):
1) a family
2) financial support
3) companionship

The degrees to which a person relies on someone else for the above is totally subjective.

In my case, I don't want kids and have more than enough money. So companionship is the issue.

Everyone is cool and annoying. But I haven't yet found someone for the companionship bit where the cool outweighs the annoying. (Or maybe I have, but they were already involved with their own stuff).

Does that sound reasonable?

I haven't seen such convoluted lines of conversation and such expert chronicling thereof since my days of all day bong marathons in college. ~ Lindercles

I think Walt's choice of clothing makes him far more interesting!!

Who needs Prada anyway??

Actually, I am content wheither I have a SO or not. I refuse to live my life with marriage as the main goal. If I find someone then great, but if I don't then no big deal. I make sure that I live life in such a way that I am happy, regardless of the fact that I may be single or taken.

You stole my answer... there is so much more to life than having an SO. I do hope one day to find someone that I want to spend my life with, but I feel content if that never happens.

I would like to third, fourth, and maybe even fifth this answer.

:)
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

i am female, 35 and currently single. I give no excuses for being single. It is what it is.

For the most part, I am content with myself and can find my own happiness. My life is rich with my friends and family. If someone comes along who makes me feel the magic, and I do the same for him, then good. That will be the icing on the cake.

i'm single. i think mainly because i'm trying too hard not to be. I rush into relationships that are destined to fail before i have a chance to meet someone that is really worth holding onto. they say when you stop looking that's when you'll find someone. i can't help but look though! :S

PMS #165 Swooo #613 CSA #687

Thank you both for your answers...this is exactly the answer I was trying to get across in a W.F. thread a couple weeks ago, but it kept going off in the wrong directions - I guess I tried to explain it too much (lesson learned).
"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

i agree with this as well. I'm single, have been for a long time and i like it. If i find someone then great, but i'm not going to search and search and seach for "Mr. Right"

i guess if i had to give a reason to why i am single its because i spend my time doing what i want, which is at the dropzone after work and on weekends, working and doing riggers training at the moment etc. and non skydivers don't want to spend all their time here.
And all the skydivers who are here when i am are either married or have girlfriends.

--------------------------------------------------

Do you have a steak? i'll take it!

i am female, 35 and currently single. I give no excuses for being single. It is what it is.

For the most part, I am content with myself and can find my own happiness. My life is rich with my friends and family. If someone comes along who makes me feel the magic, and I do the same for him, then good. That will be the icing on the cake.

Good for you that's exactly how I feel. There has got to be magic - don't settle for anything less. I don't think you will...
but what do I know

One of my all time favorite movie (book?) quotes was in Jurassic Park when Dr. Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) says, "I'm always on the lookout for the next ex-Mrs. Malcolm"
Don't get me wrong. I think marriage SHOULD be forever but how someone could put up with my bullshit for the rest of their life would be a mystery to me. Better to play it one day at a time. That is if one day isn't planning too far in advance.