jtval

UFC 89

Make your pick
FIGHT CARD

Bisping V Leben
I'm one who thinks Bisping has been spoon fed during his career. However, since dropping wieght he has been damn impressive. Leben...Well he isn't the top fighter but he somehow always gets ROCKED and pulls out a win. I think his last loss was to Anderson silva...You can't fault him for that.
I think Bisping is quicker and more well rounded but Leben had a concrete jaw. You can't bust it. Its going to be a good fight. I would guess Ping is going to take it to the ground. I (may be mistaking) don't think Leben has good ground game.

Jardine V Vera
This is one that I would not bet on. Both of these guys are good..IF they show up. Vera should go to the ground and roll over Jardine like he was a 6 year old. Vera doesnt have to cut a lot of weight this time so it MIGHT be a good night for him.

Sokoudjou (soak-a-jew:D) V Cane
I dont think I know who Cane is but I'm interested in seeing sokoudjou fight.

Davis V Kelly
Marcus Davis' fights are ALWAYS GREAT Cant wait to see that one. Last time I saw Paul kelly fight is was against the other paul I forget his last name. It was a rumble. These fighters should put on one helluva show.
My photos

My Videos

Last fight i saw with Bisping was the one in England against a Canadian. Ping had lightning fast strikes, quick footwork around the ring and totally over powered his opponent on the ground for a win by ref stoppage. I don't remember him using much jujitzu, just ground and pound intensity.
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

I don't have a lot to argue with you about. You know your stuff. I will say Vera is MUCH better as a light-heavyweight than a heavyweight. Jardine's got some surprise wins. He's got to be a contender now. I think this fight is going to be better than the main event. The reason why I say this is because Bisping is a SMART fighter. Whenever he fights a bruiser like Leban, he slows it down, takes it to the ground and eeks out a win. When he fights ground and pounders or submission artists, he stands up and strikes. That's smart fighting. Of course, it doesn't always make for the most exciting fight, but people who like all aspects of MMA can appreciate it.

This one is going to be for free, right? I can't imagine this card as a pay-per-view. The names aren't all that big. Bisping has the potential to be big, he already is in the UK, but not quite ppv main event yet. At least that's my opinion.

Damn, Anderson Silva is going back down to middleweight and fighting again so soon after is last fight. That dude's a machine.

Yea this one is free for the US. I would guess they are doing PPV for the brit's.

Bisping IS the main event over there. I would guess they throw a few of our PPV's for free over there.

I can't imagine PIng slowing down for Leben in this fight. Since he dropped weight he is like greased lightning. I would use that to over whelm Leben..who basically walks around and stalks his opponent.
I don't think Leben has the speed to keep up.
However, If he lands a punch it's lights out for 'Ping.
So, I would guess he'll stick and move until he can find a way to take it to the ground.

I have a theory about Anderson Silva that I'd bet most of his opponents would agree with.
I think he's twins. They switch him between rounds to keep him fresh. I would guess it feels like you're fighting two men in the octagon, too.
I just can't figure out how they would get them both in there at the same time and not be caught by the camera. :ph34r:

My photos

My Videos

Your theory about Anderson Silva...most opponents don't even last one full round! :P

I'm not too excited about the upcoming event since Machida vs Thiago Silva were scratched. But I have to say, I want to see Leben knock Bisping out. It should be an interesting match.

~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com

Your theory about Anderson Silva...most opponents don't even last one full round! :P

True. I think Lutter was the only one in recent history that went to round 2.

I didnt know the thiago match was scratched.
I still wanna see Ping and Leben.
I would like to See leben win but I don't it.

Leben is a dick. He may have matured but He was an emotional basketcase on the show.
I don't think Ping is dick, actually I think he's a nice guy but I think he has been spoon fed, as Rashad has been until his last fight.
My photos

My Videos

Good lord, your memory sucks! Henderson lasted the longest, ALMOST survived the 2nd round with only seconds to go...

***Leben is a dick. He may have matured but He was an emotional basketcase on the show.
I don't think Ping is dick, actually I think he's a nice guy but I think he has been spoon fed, as Rashad has been until his last fight.

I agree. I guess that's why I want to see him get an asswhooping. They all need it once in a life time. ;)
But seriously, he has performed much better in 185. Now if he could just fix that lisp of his...
I don't like Leben much either so I guess I don't care who wins. It will be a good fight to watch and I'm glad it's free. I don't think either deserve to headline an event just yet...
~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com

I don't think either deserve to headline an event just yet...

As you noted: It is free. IMO the only reason they are headline is because 'Ping is the poster child for the UK chapter of UFC.

(key music)

"...did I eva tell you you're my hee-roooo?"
My photos

My Videos

I believe Dan Henderson allso went to the second round with anderson. And i think henderson won the first round and just got caught in the second round.

But anderson is definatley a war machine.

Junie Browning.
That guy should be arrested. Consider it a pre-emptive arrest.

He's got issues and will probably take em out on some untrained person in a bar.

HE was acting like a little terrorist. The giuys on the show knew they would get booted if they PROTECTED themselves and he used that to bully them.

I would have looked right into the camera, said "Dana, I'm sorry but I got to protect myself. If this guy cuts me I'm out anyway." Then Junie would have been KTFO.

Then when he juped into the cage Noguira did a good job at rounding him up.
The atheltic commision should remember Junies name and forbid him from fighting EVER.

This isn't the WWE. We got enough of those antics with Brock Lesnar. That was barely tolerable. (riding heath herring like a bull and laughing in his face)
My photos

My Videos

Damn. My DVR didnt record the event. I was at work all night. I cught the end of the replay.

Saw the leben fight.
I was wrong about Ping taking it to the ground.
I was hoping for a TKO by Leben. How about those last 10 seconds?
Leben put his arms behind his back and took a few good hits,:D

After the bell rang the ref wasn't sure if leben was going after Ping or if he was just going to post fight hug.:D

My photos

My Videos