dynamicedge

What is your favourite NHL team?

I am a Sharks fan since their begining. I am bay area born and mostly breed so I root for all the home teams except the Raiders. The bay area is a geat hockey town. When I was a young kid living in New Hampshire I was a big Hartford Whalers fan but then went many years without a team until the Sharks.

Top three teams I dislike the most are the Ducks, Dallas, Calgary and Detroit.

My wife is Western Canadian and a rabid Vancouver Canucks fan. I root for them as long as they don't play the Sharks.

Hockey is prettty bad ass...

B|B|

If you are a hockey fan, who's your team? If you are not a hockey fan, you suck.

YOU SUCK!!!!!! Would you really say that you are a fanatic about hockey? Would you say, you have excessive enthusiasm and intense devotion to Hockey?? The word FAN has lost its actual meaning IMO

I heart Red Wings.

Funny thing about the Avalanche. Met a guy who does the score for the team and he *gasp* is NOT an Avalanche fan. Though I suspect it has to do with the Broncos than the Avalanche.
Why don't you just go to the police station in a red clown suit and let everybody know what we're doing here?

I have a phobia for moobs. Thanks, youknowwhoyouare.

I voted Pens, but I miss the days of the Stevens, Jagr, Lemeix line.

That was fabulous. *Sigh.* Jagr's ego outgrew my appreciation for him but you still have to be in awe at that line.

Am I guessing right that one of the greatest lines in NHL history was Gretzky, Messier and (other guy's name?) for the Edmonton Oilers in the 80's. They kept winning Stanley Cups... what, 5 of them?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Jari Kurri...rookie!;)

Thanks, bro. :)

Those damn southern folk that don't know hockey. :P:P:P

kidding, Billy, kidding ... ;);)

:D:D:D You'd be surprised to know I was present at two different NCAA hockey national championship series. First time was at RIT, in Rochester, NY where I went to college. They were a powerhouse in NCAA Div III. Went all the way to the finals, hosted on campus against one of the Wisconsin state satellite colleges. We lost, in overtime. Then several years later I was back home in Huntsville, AL and UAH made it to the NCAA Div II national championship, and lost in sudden death overtime on their home ice to some school from Minnesota, I think it was Mankato State. The UAH goalie then was Darren Puppa, younger brother of Derek Puppa who was the goalie for the Buffalo Sabres.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Jari Kurri...rookie!;)

Thanks, bro. :)

Those damn southern folk that don't know hockey. :P:P:P

kidding, Billy, kidding ... ;);)

:D:D:D You'd be surprised to know I was present at two different NCAA hockey national championship series. First time was at RIT, in Rochester, NY where I went to college. They were a powerhouse in NCAA Div III. Went all the way to the finals, hosted on campus against one of the Wisconsin state satellite colleges. We lost, in overtime. Then several years later I was back home in Huntsville, AL and UAH made it to the NCAA Div II national championship, and lost in sudden death overtime on their home ice to some school from Minnesota, I think it was Mankato State. The UAH goalie then was Darren Puppa, younger brother of Derek Puppa who was the goalie for the Buffalo Sabres.

You DO know your hockey!!! :)
Which reminds me of my most memorable moment watching the NHL. 1985. Oiler vs Flyers. Game 5 of the Stanley Cup final at home in (at the time) The Northlands Coliseum in Edmonton (now Rexall Place). In the stands, with my dad, centre ice. A most memorable game.

A wonderful cup. It's a really big cup. Had the pleasure of drinking champagne out of it with Dave Semenko tipping it back for me. At a local "lounge" and it was there and they shared.

It's a big cup and I'm thankful Semenko was there. B|B|
'Shell

Hockey is da bom. I grew up in Rochester, NY and we had the American Hockey League, which was a farm league for the NHL. The Rochester Americans ("Amerks") were the farm team for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Most of the great Maple Leafs came up through Rochester at one time or another. Then for some reason Jerry Cheever went to the Boston Bruins instead of Toronto, not sure how that worked, but he was one of the great goalies of the sixties and seventies.

So I have to go with Toronto - and the Boston Bruins. My family lives around Boston now and if I don't go for the Sox/Patriots/Celtics and Bruins, they'd disown me....

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !