brierebecca

Name Our Road

Hi All,

It's been a while since I've posted, but I have a momentous decision to make, and I need your help.

Travis and I just bought 20 acres on a mountain here in Tennessee, and we plan to build a house. We have a 25 foot road frontage that goes back to the property between two other parcels. My parents are going to retire and build a house on the same property, and I just called to see if I could get two different addresses on the road frontage. The planning commission lady said that we could either do that, or have the 25 foot frontage that runs back to the property be a private county road. AND WE GET TO NAME IT! We get a green road sign and everything. I'm paralyzed with excitement over this. There are three rules:

1. No obscenities

2. 13 characters or less

3. It has to end in Trail, Place, Lane, or Way (but those don't count in the 13 character limit).

Suggestions?;)

Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

Soddy Daisy, Tennessee. Near Chattanooga.

So far, my favorite suggestions include Wrong Way, Other Way, Happy Trail (although that doesn't pass the obscenity test), Wong Way, Not A Hiking Trail, The Fast Lane, My Private Place (again, too obscene), etc.

Morningwood Way is funny, but it's been done before.

Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

I would select:

Goa Way

Or you could do something along the lines of my favorite exit sign on the way to Vegas from LA - off of I-15 a bit north of the split with I-40 there is an exit sign for "Zzyzx Road"
If you can't laugh at yourself, I'll be happy to do it for you.
Be like the cupcake and suck it up.

I've Lost My Way.
Lookaway Lane, Look to the Sky(way) Lane,
Cumming a Way (there is a Cumming Gerogia).
Short Drive Way,
Stewart's Geta Way,
Short Drive Long Walk Way
Freaky Place
My Place
I Did It My Way :D

LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

I would select:

Goa Way

Or you could do something along the lines of my favorite exit sign on the way to Vegas from LA - off of I-15 a bit north of the split with I-40 there is an exit sign for "Zzyzx Road"

That's also a song by Stone Sour.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

Happy Trail (although that doesn't pass the obscenity test)

Seriously? You couldn't claim to be a fan of Roy Rogers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVq9-GtlvLU

The song was the first thing I thought of when I saw Happy Trail. I actually had to think for a sec about why it would be obscene.

I like the suggestion of Run Way.

Out of curiosity.....why only lane, place, trail, or way? Why not street or road?

County Stipulations :P
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"