alanab

headphones for running...

Heheh.. Spence doesn't have that problem. He doesn't have an ipod. ;)

I've been looking around for something like that too, and these might be on my christmas list..
http://www.wi-gear.com/products/imuffs/mb210.php

Most of the wireless earphones are fully equipped with bluetooth and stuff. I'm not really interested in all that. Cause I really don't want to spend $200+ on earphones for running.

If you find some other cool stuff, let me know!

try attaching your ipod to the side or back of your wasteband (make sure your drawstring is tied tight) and run the wires behind your back. i hate the wires slapping me in the face as well. some earbuds won't stay in like this though. if i can find a link to what i use ($12) i'll post it.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

ok, they were $12 last time i bought a pair on base and they are $15 on the koss websight. they are like earplugs, so they block out a lot of external noise. great if you're on a treadmill, maybe dangerous if you're running in an urban environment. the only time they've become uncomfortable is on a long flight.

http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?OpenForm&pc^eb^PLUG

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

I run with the wires behind my head then down my shirt to where my ipod attaches on my waistband. I can't get ear buds to stay in worth crap while running so I use the headphones with the strap that sits on the back of my head.

Just run the cord down the inside of the back of your shirt. You wont know it is there for the most part and it works great.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

pretty sure there aren't wireless headphones for what you're looking for (although i'd love to get some with how much i run these days). i've found the best option is just finding a way to stow the excess cord so it doesnt flop around as much. if you're using an armband to hold your ipod, try stuffing some of the cord into the armband. if you're using a belt-clip, try running the cord through your shirt.

depending on if i'm using my water bottle waist-pack, my camelbak, my handheld water bottle, etc, i have different ways of stowing my ipod and excess cord. get creative and you'll probably find something that works for you.

and oh yeah: OH-HI-HO!

Just run the cord down the inside of the back of your shirt. You wont know it is there for the most part and it works great.

that's what i do and it's never been an issue.
Just make certain that the jack/ipod is not the lowest point, perspiration and electonics dont mix
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

is there a such thing as wireless ear buds or sports headphones? i hate getting slapped in the face with the wire from my ipod!

There are a few options, the 1st is a set of Sure 110 headphones, (earbuds). They go in your ear and loop up over your ear and have a sliding clip to hold the cord in place. They aren't the least expensive, but sound great too.

Option 2 is Duct Tape. :)
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

The itunes headphones have the adjuster thingy. Run the headphone wires back behind your ears and adjust the thingy so that's tight around your head. Then run the wire underneath your shirt, so that it doesn't swing and get obnoxious.

I wish I could run. [:/]