Squeak

Turducken

do you septics actually have and eat them?
I've heard it's a Texan thing?:D:D:D:D

I watched a show on it a few weeks ago on this. One of the food guys who travels and eats all these odd foods. Never heard of it prior to the show.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

do you septics actually have and eat them?
I've heard it's a Texan thing?:D:D:D:D

I watched a show on it a few weeks ago on this. One of the food guys who travels and eats all these odd foods. Never heard of it prior to the show.

Bizarre foods, with Andrew Zimmern??
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I thought “WTF is this Turducken he is talking about”...
So I looked it up on UrbanDictionary, they have a quite amusing explanation there:

An American Thanksgiving holiday culinary grotesque: Consists of a chicken, stuffed into a duck, progressively stuffed into a turkey and baked. Provides hours of entertainment in the form of waiting for the sucker to finish cooking and enough sandwich meat to last through The Apocalypse.
:D:D:D

“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

TURkey-DUck-ChiKEN - Ah, like a ballantine(?) then

The surge in popularity may have something to do with TV chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's creation of a ten-bird roast on his show two years ago.
He stuffed an 18lb turkey with a goose, duck, mallard, guinea fowl, chicken, pheasant, partridge, pigeon and woodcock - producing a remarkable Russian doll-like dish.
But now his effort, inspired by recipes dating from Tudor times, has been dwarfed by a behemoth containing no fewer than 48 birds of 12 different species.
This massive roast, the proud creation of Devon farmer Anne Petch, weighs almost four stone (more than most airlines' baggage allowance), costs

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

So one Christmas about five years ago, I ordered a turducken from an online turdenken seller (they shipped it in a styrofoam package filled with ice packs - very fresh).

Overall, it was... OK. Nothing stellar. I won't bother doing that again.

It could have been my preparation, though. (Because the different birds cook at different rates, I would describe it as a little unevenly cooked...)
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Not no, but HELL NO, it's not a Texas thing!
John Madden has been talking & eating on air Turducken for years. Where y'all been?

Every Thanksgiving, the Cowturds play someone, usually Detroit and ol lard ass has to drag out the nasty dish and torture Al Michaels in the booth with it.

Pretty much the reason I gave up football on turkey day.>:(

It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

Its actually a Louisiana thing. The place that claims to be the originator of this dish is linked here below.

http://www.hebertsmeats.com/

It's actually a Tudor (except for the stupid name) thing ....years earlier than Texas or Louisiana were even thought of.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Well regardless of where they come from...I've had them and they are not all that much to write home about in my humble opinion.

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

>>do you septics

hey- who you callin' a "septic"
oh, i get it-because
people are stuffing an entire animal into the ass of another animal into the ass of a third animal until the thing is bursting fourth like some kind of an M C Escher drawing- then calling it dinner.
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

texas shemexas.........it's definitely a louisiana thing

i've done two my self got them both from heberts specialty meats.

a deboned duck in a deboned chicken in a turkey bird.

I deep fried one it was pretty good, the other one was baked for about 14 hours it was pretty as well

now i have had some before that were cooked improperly to say the least, and some made with dos-gris or some other nasty ass gumbo ducks that the dogs wouldn't even have anything to do with

the duck brings a game taste to the equation that is certainly an acquired taste. some people do not like the game taste just the way it is.

we hunt and eat just about anything that won't eat us first down here in louisiana.

made with the proper (big) duck and cooked correctly a turducken is pretty fucking righteous..I garuuuntee.

turducken is pretty damn good

B|

if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

I agrree with porpoishead. It's a Louisiana thing. There was a TV show that focused on Louisiana cousine (sp?) as well as on one restaurant that specialized in Turducken. I'd like to try one some day.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

"bayou classic"

"cajun treat"

"geaux for it"

and there you have it....louisiana 100%

their adress could be in wyoming and their plant could be in joysee for all it matters.. it wouldnt change the fact that turducken is dish from LA.
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell