Elisha

Do you have a vision?

Or are you just some aimless loser. It seems no one here has a vision....Vision canopy that is!

The Vision seems to be one of the only canopies here that no one seems to talk about. Why? Does it suck compared to the others in its class? I'm guessing it is a HP canopy, comparable to a Stiletto?

Just curious.

Or are you just some aimless loser. It seems no one here has a vision....Vision canopy that is!

The Vision seems to be one of the only canopies here that no one seems to talk about. Why? Does it suck compared to the others in its class? I'm guessing it is a HP canopy, comparable to a Stiletto?

I'm pretty sure it was withdrawn from the market before too many of them were sold. I demoed one at WFFC '04. It is an HP canopy, in the same class as the Stiletto, if not higher. It's been over a year since then, so my memories are a bit hazy. I think I did 3 jumps on a 150. I never got a chance to take it to terminal because of the weather, but the sub-terminal openings I had were very, very snivelly and more-or-less on heading. Again, because of the weather I didn't have much time under canopy, but I recall that it turned hard, as ellipticals are wont to do. It was twitchy, quite a bit twitchier than a Stiletto 135. Landings were no problem. nothing especially good or bad (straight in approaches, no riser input).

My overall iumpression was that it was a solid canopy, but nothing to get too excited about.

I have had my Vision 117 WL ~1.8 since Equinox 04. Put around 600 jumps on it. Great canopy for its class. Difficult for me to compare to Stilleto / Crossfire / Katana as I have never jumped any of those in a similar size. I certainly moved faster under the katana 97 ;)

The new Vision's feel as if they are trimmed slightly differently and give a smoother ride but I used to get more swoop out of my older Vision.

My only regret is that I ordered my new canopies just before Aerodyne brought out the Mambe [:/]
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

hi,

Have done some jumps on the Vision 117

There are a few at my DZ

In my opinion it opens and flys better than a Stiletto ( have around about 1000 jumps on a stiletto ) and turns slightly faster

gets much more radical the higher the wing loading

I have a Vision 150 - loaded about 1.4. Got about 200 jumps on it now and loving it. I did hear that they had brought out a sort of mk2 with a slightly different trim but can't tell you about that.

Can only compare it to a Springo and a Heatwave though, sweeter than both. I get really nice openings out of it most of the time. :)

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.