flygirl1

New furry family member

Brianfry713 and I adopted a new furry family member last week. He is a 7.5 lb 2 1/2 - 3 year old chocolate tri, toy rat terrier mix. I didn't want another dog but, after fostering him for one of the shelters I Volunteer at and hearing his sad story I didn't have the heart to bring him back. So now I am one of the many "failure fosters" out there :D

His name is Spike but, I'm not a big fan of that. Plus since he was an abuse confiscate and has been adopted out and returned to the shelter twice since the first time he was brought in, people have not been so nice to him and he is kind of afraid of his name sometimes so I'd really like to change it.
If anyone has any segustions let me know. I want to keep it aviation related so all you pilots and aviation buffs give me a hand. I was originally thinking Atis but, Brian thought non-pilots would think that was a strange name. So give me some more ideas please.
Fly like a girl

He's adorable. What a great thing you've done! :)
You should slowing work on changing his name. Especially since he shows fear with the one he has.
See what makes his ears perk up. :)

I've been calling him little guy for now. He seems to get excited and to respond to anything said in a happy tone of voice unless it comes form a guy. He is particularly scared of men. He likes Brian now and loves to come to him and sit on his lap but, will run and cower if Brian tries to approach him too fast.
Fly like a girl

Awww ... he is so sweet!

I'm sure a name will come to you in time.

My little rescue is still a little scared of men in baseball caps. Not sure why and don't want to imagine why anyway.

She's getting better as I'm sure your "little guy" will.

He's so cute. And you're a good mom for taking him in.

Keep us posted on his new name. :)

'Shell

I like ATIS.

Or "Clearance Clarence"

How about Delta Oscar Golf?

Or PreFlight?

I love Delta Oscar Golf I would definitly name him that if it wasn't such a mouth full.

Or "Clearance Clarence"

How about Roger Roger or Vector victor:D:D

Cutay!:)Tango?

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

How about ...

Flaps

Slats

Trike

Yoke

Compass

Peddle

Prop

Blade

...:P

Nice looking pup...

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Awwwwww,I WANT A PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So do some research on breeds and find one that will fit your lifestyle, and then go to your local shelter or rescue, or find a responsible breeder, and get a puppy. (or an adult... there's something to be said for not having to endure "puppy issues")

He's a cutie! If it makes you feel any better, I'd probably be a "failure" as a foster mommy too. The last kitten I brought home- I swore I was just going to take him to the vet, make sure he was healthy and see about finding a home for him. Well, he found his own home- with me! :$