bigway

Skydiving rigs on tv shows, adverts,movies etc....

Just watching that show 'my own worst enemy'.
How come on so many tv shows and adverts when they use skydiving gear that they never have risers connected to the 3-ring system? It is as though there is some rule about it. They always manage to get skydiving rigs but they never have a main connected to them:S good to see the producers do such great research when trying to mimic a situation.

To make it worse, in this episode, he lands on the ground and then all the sudden has a parachute over him connected to his 3ring system???

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Just watching that show 'my own worst enemy'.
How come on so many tv shows and adverts when they use skydiving gear that they never have risers connected to the 3-ring system? It is as though there is some rule about it. They always manage to get skydiving rigs but they never have a main connected to them:S good to see the producers do such great research when trying to mimic a situation.

To make it worse, in this episode, he lands on the ground and then all the sudden has a parachute over him connected to his 3ring system???

A few years back, we, at Skydive Space Center, put together a "commercial" for KFC and their bite sized chicken for a contest they were having. We included actual in air video, but for the ground "simulated" shots (which were a guy on the roof of a van, leaf blower blowing in his face as we threw chicken nuggets at him) we did serveral "subtle" wuffo things to the rig like detaching one of the three rings. If it actually won the contest and got aired, we wanted Skydivers to enjoy it for a completely different reason.

Mark Klingelhoefer

ive noticed that too a few times

i figured they just bought/borrowed a container with no canopies for filming..stuffed it with rags LOL

or who ever they borrowed the rigs from took the canopies out so some whuffo wouldnt get any bright ideas and end up hurt.
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

I guess the head judge was a skydiver and was not impressed you left the 3rings detatched? or did you win?

You can notice that a 3 ring was not attached on a TV show but you cant notice the last line of Marks post:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

How come on so many tv shows and adverts when they use skydiving gear that they never have risers connected to the 3-ring system? It is as though there is some rule about it.

Hollywood celebrities are too important to carry around 10 lbs. of dead weight from a real parachute. And the producers are too cheap to hire a skydiver to attach empty risers.

I dont get it. I read your post as well. My point was maybe your joke was not funny to the head judge that was a skydiver, even though you were trying to make skydivers laugh by making blatent mistakes so obvious.

Oh, i see, i forgot the fucking smiley face again.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I dont get it. I read your post as well. My point was maybe your joke was not funny to the head judge that was a skydiver, even though you were trying to make skydivers laugh by making blatent mistakes so obvious.

That's it. :)
See, the smiley face makes it all good.

I am not from a Japanese culture of Emoticons. I live in a country full of ass wipes with dry humour.

Although there are one or two people born in this country that are outcasts with blond hair and black roots that live by the emoticon culture.

Opps, forgot the smiley face again :P

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I am not from a Japanese culture of Emoticons. I live in a country full of ass wipes with dry humour.

Although there are one or two people born in this country that are outcasts with blond hair and black roots that live by the emoticon culture.

I have no problems with the dry as hell Brit humour, but then again, I also have a damn Brit for a boss, and I have to make her think she is funny;)......Sorry if you read this Rosi.

Mark

edited because I forgot to add the yellow face.

I have no problems with the dry as hell Brit humour, but then again, I also have a damn Brit for a boss, and I have to make her think she is funny;)......Sorry if you read this Rosi.

Mark

edited because I forgot to add the yellow face.

You guys have lost me; I am totally in the dark on this one. (But then again, entire pop culture eras can go by without me noticing).

Emoticons are of Japanese origin?
People with blond hair and black roots are outcasts in NZ?
Do they have black roots because they dyed their blond hair black, or does this have to do with African heritage?
And very few of these people live by the emoticon culture?

Maybe I do understand and just don't know it?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley