mattsplat

Looks like a scam

I tried posting this on scams. But it would not take. Should I be afraid?

Hi matt petito,

On 28-Oct-2008 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the
Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => lewisanderson

URL => http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=69233&d=1

Name => lewis

FromEmail => [email protected]

City => bilbao

Country => spain

Comments => Hello,
I am an agent interested in immediate purchase of your item.After several consideration over the
advert placed on the website,my client has really shown interest in it and would really want to
issue the payment in form of Cheque and how much is the last price.Will you be accepting a Cheque?
The check that will be drawn by my client would include the cost for shipping this item to my client
and my commission would be included on the same Cheque.We shall solely be responsible for the
shipments of the item. Please contact me asap for futher questionings as regards to this transaction
if you really show willingness in selling this item asap.Thank You and I am expecting your response
asap
Regards,
lewis andeson

Yep - classic "I will send you a checque for x dollars above your asking price to cover my fees", etc. The check will be worthless, and they have your rig. Tell him to F-off.
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

Hey Matt,
I think that might be one of Taters scams except he didn't ask for you to send 5 cans of sardines and an order of Tambos fried potato logs!:ph34r:

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"