skydemon2

Unknown car

Hey Sky... Wazzup Mofo... Im guessing its this one....

Subject: 1936 Stainless Steel Ford

This is the 1936 Ford built for and owned by Allegheny LudlumSteel. It was attending our open house and then was featured in a localparade with over 100 of our salaried, hourly and retired employees walking alongside. This is 1 of only 4 in existence and is the only one currently in running & in roadworthy condition. The car is in exceptional condition, with the interior and even the frame looking great.

All 4 cars each had over 200,000 miles on them before they removed them from service. These cars were built for Allegheny as promotional and marketing projects. The top salesmen each year were given the honor of being able to drive them for one year. The v-8 engine (max 85 hp) ran like a sewing machine and was surprisingly smooth and quiet. I thought this was a much better looking automobile than the Ford Thunderbird that visited us last year.

FYI, the car was insured (we were told) for the trip to Louisville via covered trailer for 1.5 million dollars. We were also told that stamping the stainless car parts ruined the dies, making these the last of these cars ever produced.
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!