skydemon2

Unknown aircraft??

So my cousin is stationed on the USS George Washington and sent me a few pictures of a plane that they were filming while doing carrier testing. They didnt say it was top secret and were not told they couldnt take pictures but no info was given as far as they name or type. Any of you aircraft nuts out there got any ideas?

Forgot to add he said most of the people involved had skunks on their jackets.... So Im assuming its Locheed Skunkworks?
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

A fake airplane used for filming the Columbia Tri-Star movie "Stealth" that starred Jessica Biel, Josh Lucas and Jamie Foxx.

[/url]http://www.militarypictures.info/airplanes/fake_stealth.jpg.html[/url]
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Yeah, I had a very strange url popup on the left side of my screen, which ended with both tags as end-tags.

BTW - on Wikipedia's entry for the movie Stealth, there is the same picture, and they mention that filming was done on the US Navy Fleet Carrier USS Abraham Lincoln, while additional scenes were shot on board the USS Carl Vinson. But no scenes were filmed on the George Washington.

Maybe it's a sequel?? God, I hope not ...

Edit - I'm having so much trouble with tags tonight!
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Sure it's not a movie prop?

Of course not. It's a real plane. They just had to "make a movie" when it leaked, the price of which was inconsequential compared to programs like the B2 which eat billions.
besides they can make money on the profits from the movie itself... B|

Oh wait... right... We're talking about the movie [iStealth never mind... :S:D:D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...