weegegirl

Shootings at Virginia Tech

This is probably the 1st time I've heard of this type of random shooting at a university.

There was an incident a year or two back where several players from a basketball team were assaulted and shot. Luckily none of them were killed. I think it happened in the northeast. Drexel University, maybe?

Maybe Duquesne University? And I think it happened at or outside a bar after an argument with some bar patron and one of the players.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I think he was being sarcastic Billy. [:/]

No. I wasn't. Ever since "Columbine" there has been a rash of shootings at high schools, but not at colleges and universities. I don't believe the shooter in the Whitman tower incident was a student.

Sorry Stitch. I'm the ass with the knee-jerk reaction. [:/]

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Yep, it was Jamie, that I talked to. He said he'd been in touch with all of the jumpers and everyone is fine. He told me he'd had about 30 phone calls about this and is feeling very loved right now.

I'm glad ya'll are ok. That is really devastating what happened....

"Living like fallen angels who lost their halos" - Unknown Prophets

-Love Life-

This fucking sucks.

Blacksburg is my hometown. I was born and raised there and left the town about 6 years ago when I turned 18. My dad is a professor there, but he wasn't on campus this morning.

I just can't believe this happened in Blacksburg. This is a peaceful, academic community surrounded by farmland and rolling hills. But I guess with guns free to whatever fuck-wit wants one, shootings like this will continue to happen all over the country regardless of the nature of the community.

I just can't believe this happened. Talking to my dad, it sounds like VT was slow to respond to the incident early this morning. If only the campus had cancelled classes upon immediately hearing that a murderer was on the loose probably dozens of lives would have been spared.>:(

God damnit. I want to kick a wall in that some asshole ruined my hometown.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

I went to Blacksburg once. Beautiful. My wife's brother's wife went there and was born and raised in Blacksburg, as well.

Whenever I hear of an incident at VT, my first thought is, "Marcus Vick is the suspect." But something like this?? No laughing matter.

I'll try calling Anita later on

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I'm glad the shooter's dead. Saves the cost of a trial and appeals.

I totally agree! Maybe just maybe this will help the families heal faster knowing the person that took their childrens lives is gone as well. Instead of having to go through a long and heartbreaking trial.
If I stand on my tip toes, I can see the weekend from here!

I just talked to a friend who is an EMT in B'burg.

Sounds likely that there will be significantly more than the 32 fatalities currently being reported.

I've heard that the shooter apparently lined people up execution style and shot some of them that way..

I just can't believe that at 7:15 am someone was murdered in the dorm, at that point people were jumping out of second and third floor windows to get away.

And classes weren't canceled at that point? Only 2 hours later when dozens of people were killed?

Why????

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham