Lastchance

Good Cop

So last Monday my better half and I are on a small road trip and cruise through this small town. I get out the other end and see lights in the rear view. Shit. It's a state trooper. He comes up and informs me that I was doing 37 in a 30 mph zone in town. Also went through a cross walk with the light flashing. (nobody in the crosswalk) He tells me that he will have to issue me an $85 citation. I could care less about the 85 but have been point free on my driving record for over 10 yrs after having 29 points out of 30 that would have made me a habitual offender. So I'd once again have points on there and my insurance rates would go back up again. I told him I was guilty and just wasn't paying close enough attention. He told me then that he would be back with my ticket. 10 minutes later he comes back to my car and hands me a warning. I'm pretty sure that he went back and checked my record and seen that it was less than perfect forever and then dropped off flat and has been point free for 10 yrs now and showed me some mercy for getting my act together back then. I was very thankful to him and told him I'd watch it through there from now on. As I'm getting ready to pull out I see him walking back up to my car and I'm thinking WTF now. He comes up to the window and hands me a dog biscuit for my dog in the back seat.:)

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

I've only ever got one warning and that was because I was an out of state young Marine.

Nowadays....I don't care how polite or respectful I am. I get the ticket. [:/]

Maybe a cop can help me with what's the best way to answer ....why were you going so fast? The truth doesn't seem to work.

But that's awesome the cop was lenient on you and generous to your dog.

www.FourWheelerHB.com

Maybe a cop can help me with what's the best way to answer ....why were you going so fast? The truth doesn't seem to work.

Honestly and without a bunch of attitude. But remember, you don't have to talk about the offense, just politely refuse to answer the questions. You do have to hand over your drivers license, registration, etc.

If I stop you a citation will be written...almost without exception. I will ask how fast you were going and if you know what the speedlimit is. I ask those mostly to use in court if needed.
SmugMug

Honestly and without a bunch of attitude. But remember, you don't have to talk about the offense, just politely refuse to answer the questions. You do have to hand over your drivers license, registration, etc.

If I stop you a citation will be written...almost without exception. I will ask how fast you were going and if you know what the speedlimit is. I ask those mostly to use in court if needed.

Well, officer, since you asked, I was going somewhere between 120 and 150 MPH over a 35MPH zone. A little after that, I whipped it around 180 degrees and was going around 70 to 80 MPH, just like my buddies.

You are welcome to use that in court.... I'll have my lawyer deal on the details ;-)
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

Cop: Do you know how fast you were going?

Me: Yes.

Cop: How fast were you going?

Me: The speed limit.

Cop: I got you going 70 in a 55 zone.

Me: Your radar is wrong.

Cop: ---

Cop: Sign here please.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

you left out the part where the driver FREAKS OUT!!!!!!!!!... ( all captured by the dashboard camera)
......Leaps outta the car...

Driver... " YOU Gotta be kiddin'".. What???? are you crazy!!?? AHHHHH AHHHHH ... I'm NOT Payin' THISSSSSS"" ( tears up the citation")..What's your badge Number!!!!!???

"Noooo NOOO No....."

Cop...."sir,,, please control yourself, and return to to drivers seat"

Driver... AAAAAAAAHHH... Noo No ... ARE you nuts??? I didn't do Nuthin' !!!
( lunges at cop) :o:|[:/]

ZZZZZaaaP... ( sound of taser )

cop... " AH,, ten -4,, officer 417 here.. "
"we're gonna need an ambulance out here on highway 614... nah nah.. no hurry. he's down for the count.."

Bad Boys Bad Boys..... whatttcha gonna Do....???
whattcha gonna do when they come for YOU???

hahahahaha

have a good sunday POPS..;)

jimmyboy

There are some good cops out there, believe it or not.

Cops for MONEY, however (like the guy on TV with the mullet????) should all be run over......BY COPS.

Just tell him that you sped up when you saw him coming while explaining that your ex-wife left you for a cop and you thought he was trying to bring her back.....

Shit, if my ex-wife's husband was a cop, I'd at LEAST have someone to sue to get the 12 years of back child support the bitch owes!!!

On the BRIGHT side, I doubt my daughter's softball team would have taken 1st place in their division if the ex-bitch was in the picutre.

Money can't buy everything, but ol' pops can sure teach you how to hit one out of the park!!!!!!

GO COOPIE!!!!! WOOOOOOOO HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
"Get these balls!"

I will ask how fast you were going and if you know what the speedlimit is.

To which I usually respond, "Well, if you don't know; then I guess there's not going to be a ticket, is there?"
Yeah, I get the ticket, but we usually both get a laugh out of it.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

An officer was waiting behind a sign on a highway when a car goes by him going 50mph over the 20mph construction school zone with workers present.

The cop comes up to the driver's window and says "son, you know I've been waiting all day for you!"

The driver responds "well, I got here as fast as I could!"

The driver got a warning.

My personal favorite is "wow, guess you have to meet your quota, huh?"

"yup, one more ticket and I win a new toaster!"
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Long-time friend, former FTO and now Chief of Police used to instruct rookies against asking those kind of questions. Exlained that it was putting the offender in a more defensive position than needed. Just simply state, "Sir/Ma'am, the reason I pulled you over is... So, that's what made me come up with the answer to that question.

Needless to say, I know about a thousand cop jokes and my old time favorite is the one about the guy rolling thru a stop sign and gets into an argument with the officer about slowing down. After about five iterations of the officer explaining the difference between "slow down" and "Stop," the officer goes back to his vehicle, gets his baton and starts beating the shit out of the guy and asks, "Now, do you want me to slow down or stop?" :D

Interestingly enough, I got pulled over the other night by HiPo for that exact reason and when he approached he pulled me over and told me he had pulled me over for "not quite coming to a stop at the stop sign" I just started laughing. At first, he became a little indignant and asked if I "thought there was something funny about not stopping at a stop sign. I apologized and told him that it reminded me of the old joke... (no, I never play the friend of the Chief of Police card, cause that'd only piss the nice policeman off more and even tho we're friends... he'd write me the damn ticket for more). Anyway, the officer was no less than professional, ran a check on me and saw I hadn't had a ticket in forever and just gave me a contact report.

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

no, I never play the friend of the Chief of Police card, cause that'd only piss the nice policeman off more and even tho we're friends...

"I know Chief *insert name*"

"Really? So do I, sign here please...signing that citation is not an admission of guilt simply a promise to appear before the ********* Court with in 10 days. On the back of the copy of the citation you are receiving I am circling the address as well as the phone numbers. Please contact them for any questions. Please drive safe."
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."