mdwhalen

Ethical question

I am a lawyer in a small two person firm. An elderly client recently came to me and deposited her life's fortune in my trust account until we could decide how to split it up between her disabled daughter and her daughter who works in a missionary for Peruvian earthquake victims. Without divulging attorney client privileged information, its a 7 digit sum. Unfortunately, she died unexpectedly before giving me final directions on what to do with the money. My ethical question is: Do I have to share my new fortune with my partner?

Decision posted below, thanks for input.
"I have magic buttons ;)." skymama

I am a lawyer in a small two person firm. An elderly client recently came to me and deposited her life's fortune in my trust account until we could decide how to split it up between her disabled daughter and her daughter who works in a missionary for Peruvian earthquake victims. Without divulging attorney client privileged information, its a 7 digit sum. Unfortunately, she died unexpectedly before giving me final directions on what to do with the money. My ethical question is: Do I have to share my new fortune with my partner?

You know why they bury Lawyers at the bottom of the ocean? Because DEEP,DEEP Down there good people
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

If you were a desent person,you would take your fee out.And split whats left between the daughters.Otherwise,you're no better than the crack dealer on the street.The only difference is you sell your thru words! But hey, you went to school to learn how to steal legally right? [:/]

I help out with these sorts of problems all the time. Here is my proposals to you.

Please if this letter finds you interesting do quickly get back to me immediately
with the following information’s to enable this deal commence as I have gone
through due processes to make sure that this transaction works out successfully.

I NEED THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION'S FROM YOU

.1) Your complete full names to issue on the BANK DRAFT.
2) Your postal mailing address home or office where you will receive the draft.
(3)Your private telephone number.

Finally be informed that once I receive the above information’s I will update you
our mode of sharing and when you will receive the draft.

I am waiting your urgent response ASAP.

My Regards to you.

Mr Abba Musa
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

hahahaha.... very good...

troll....

if ever i saw one...
anyway.. first of all

send a grand and a half to "skittles of SDC"
... so he can get himself a G Damn cypres....
take maybe a grand for your "trouble".

establish a fund to care for the disabled woman for HER entire life, and send an equal amount to freakin' PERU !!!! where those of TRUE misfortune can receive it, through the kind heart of the OTHER daughter,,,, who has ALREADY dedicated herself to helping OTHERS,,,
unlike some,,,,,,, [:/]>:(:(:(
who shall remain nameless (troll) ,,,, who seem bent on helping THEMselves....:|:P:P;)B|

now THIS thread sure will divert MY attention, away from some others...:|

we'll be watching...

jmy

ya dude subtract your legal fees and then give the rest to the daughters. If you keep that money for yourself I hope you burn in hell.

A. Bonfire. B. Didn't you hear the "whoosh" above your head?B|

No kidding... I saw through that joke... he hooked them big time. :D:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

My ethical question is: Do I have to share my new fortune with my partner?

The key to a trust fund is "trust".

If you give the immediately give the money to young people, they may squander it.

Remove the entire contents of the safety deposit box and replace it with a valid personal check that can be cashed at any time, if they should find it.

My ethical question is: Do I have to share my new fortune with my partner?

The key to a trust fund is "trust".

If you give the immediately give the money to young people, they may squander it.

Remove the entire contents of the safety deposit box and replace it with a valid personal check that can be cashed at any time, if they should find it.

Or an IOU written on a gum wrapper kept in a mayonnaise jar on the back porch is good too! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

The devil visited a lawyer's office and made him an offer.

"I can arrange some things for you, " the devil said.

"I'll increase your income five-fold.

Your partners will love you; your clients will respect you; you'll have four months of vacation each year and live to be a hundred.

All I require in return is that your wife's soul, your children's souls, and their children's souls rot in hell for eternity."

The lawyer thought for a moment.

"What's the catch?" he asked.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Ok, I've made a decision what to do with my new found money. First to those of you who criticized my keeping it and then PM'd me asking for loans, new rigs and drug money shame on you. You know who you are.

So here is my plan. I have decided to hire random skydivers and send them around to dropzones disguised as newbies. If you welcome them with open arms, treat them as friends and make their visit to your dropzone as enjoyable as possible they have been instructed to reward you with a new altimeter, jumpsuit, rig, heck even a new jump plane (depending on how nice to them you and your DZ are). The catch is, you wont know if that new face at your DZ is one of my agents until they are finished jumping for the day. So be nice to all new skydivers, don't shun them - welcome them and treat them like friends. It is in your own best interest.

Now, just to let them know you are in on this project, when that new skydiver arrives at your DZ looking nervous and unsure walk up to him or her, give them a big welcoming smile, a big warm hug and whisper into their ear the secret word "monkeypants." Its that easy.
"I have magic buttons ;)." skymama

Now, just to let them know you are in on this project, when that new skydiver arrives at your DZ looking nervous and unsure walk up to him or her, give them a big welcoming smile, a big warm hug and whisper into their ear the secret word "monkeypants." Its that easy.

After I give a male a hug, I'd be more likely to say, "are you happy to see me, or is that a monkey in your pants." Is that ok? ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

If you welcome them with open arms, treat them as friends and make their visit to your dropzone as enjoyable as possible they have been instructed to reward you with a new altimeter, jumpsuit, rig, heck even a new jump plane (depending on how nice to them you and your DZ are).

So you're saying we're not going to get any of that stuff, aren't you?
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.