bluepill

I need a Stress Screen !!!!

All the stress balls are worn out. arghhhhhhh >:(>:(>:(>:([:/]>:(:|

Is there such a thing as a Stress Screen? With the display made out of that gel stuff. I really wanna stick my fist through this PC>:(

Or better yet shove my hand down the network connection, grab the plonker who just emailed me with his n'th revised requirements, drag him into "my world" and then throw him out the window. GRRRRRRRRR :S:S>:(:S>:(

BP

or
you could just stand up walk away and get some water or fresh air. take a small break for a minute.

:)

or you could jst send a virus to your client;)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

They are flat/still JPEGs, but if things appear to be moving, you're *definitely* stressed.

Actually they'll appear to move whether you're under stress or completely stress free. These are very old optical illusions.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

They are flat/still JPEGs, but if things appear to be moving, you're *definitely* stressed.

Actually they'll appear to move whether you're under stress or completely stress free. These are very old optical illusions.
They don't appear to move much at all for me... at least when I keep my eyes focused at a single point. :P
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

:D

NICE B|

BP

Drinking at work helps too.....:P

Hugs!

It’s that time of year again here in our company.

The time of year when employee’s realise that they haven’t quite “raised their profile” enough to justify a pay rise and bonus. This is normally achieved (by the majority in this company) by a combination of delivering efficient process improvements and or displaying the right behavioural qualities required.

This is why (I theorise) the plonker on the end of the email is being a TWAT.

Here is the gist of my rage….

2 weeks ago MrP requested a piece of work which was his brainchild (PLAN A). It was a piece of IT development. I have to co-ordinate development (mostly me), test and implement the change.

A meeting was held to understand and establish MrP’s requirements. At this point my response (in my role of Subject Matter Expert in this field) was something along the lines of “While this (request) is difficult and complex, nothing is impossible I would advise we do a cost/benefits analysis before proceeding.” I also pointed out to MrP that the process he is trying to improve has some fundamental flaws which could easily and cheaply be eliminated by doing ‘this’ (call this idea of MINE - PLAN B). I was tactfully saying - Your idea sucks, is very expensive, complex and will take a long time. My idea is simple, cheap and can be done now.

So last week I get dragged off of the piece of work I have been doing for a couple of months which is business critical and must be “in” by the end of the year.

I get pulled to work on PLAN A, which has now been authorised to proceed… without any cost/benefit analysis. They have put an estimate of resource for PLAN A as 3 days, which is way below the 10 day estimate I gave them. [:/]

I work my ass off and get PLAN A developed quickly, I test it and advise MrP of the results. At which point MrP wants to add-in a few further tweaks. I can not authorise it as we are already at 6 days development, twice as long as his estimate. MrP brings in the big boys to apply leverage to my boss who then chews my ass for not being customer focused. I try to explain that they do not understand the level of development required for the tweaks. Deaf ears all round – “Just get it done Mike”

So I develop the further tweaks and I test the further tweaks. All along I am thinking this is ridiculous, they got me doing all this work that is going to save the business a measly 3 minutes processing time per month.. :S:S

I inform MrP that the development is done and all tweaks are in. MrP carries out some User Acceptance Testing and is happy with look and feel. He then sends me a further request for an additional report linked to PLAN A. >:(

By now I have had enough, and so has my boss. We throw it back to the business and explain that for the report they will need to re-authorise an additional 6 days.

At which point MrP sends an email to his senior executive highlighting all of the issues around PLAN A and how complex it now is and how inflexible the development team (us) is blah blah blah. And then he goes on to talk about an alternative idea that he has come up with that is cheap and can be done right away – that’s right it’s PLAN B…… My PLAN B - Incredible. :o:|

So PLAN A got canned and it took half a day to develop and test PLAN B.

MrP is looking great cos his name is not on any of the authorisations for PLAN A and his name is all over PLAN B.

For PLAN A which got canned, it costs the company over £150k in resource, development and time lost for the other business critical project. And this is a HUGE bank.

All of this was brought about by MrP's pursuit of trying to justify a bonus at the end of the year. Asshole !!!!!!!!!!

I dont think a drink at work is gonna help I think MrP needs a slap!

BP

I feel better alrady now I got that off my chest.
:D