FallloutboyDAoC

Any paypal users here?

I've used it with a checking account and with a credit card and I haven't really had any problems. I use Ebay from time to time, and it sure makes things easier when you get scammed. They will generally fix things unless there is some huge reason not to...at least in my experience, they have.

I've used Paypal for many years...not a lot of times...and have had zero problems. I use it with a checking account...the credit card is available for backup if the account doesn't have adequate funds.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Anybody here have good long-term experience with using paypal?

My bank accountant said she gets a lot of people complaining about paypal accidentally charging their accounts multiple times because of a computer error and was wondering if it is even safe to use.

If by "computer error" she really means duplicate transactions because people don't just chill out and wait instead of repeatedly hitting the submit button, etc. than she's probably right. Just follow the directions and the site does the job. I've only had one problem (the fault of the receiver of the money) and paypal fixed it for me quickly.
Killing threads since 2004.

Anybody here have good long-term experience with using paypal?

My bank accountant said she gets a lot of people complaining about paypal accidentally charging their accounts multiple times because of a computer error and was wondering if it is even safe to use.

I've used it (and still using it) for about 5 years now ... very reliable ... no problems and it comes very handy...

Not a chance of having dual charges due to repeatedly clicking ... no need to elaborate on the layers of technology, but it's equivalent to saying that a human teller gave you three times the amount on the withdraw slip because you asked her three times to withdraw money ... the slip is what counts.
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

About 4 years now and I use it all the time to pay for things from ebay, the classifieds from DZ.com or even craigslist.com.

I've bought gear from fellow jumpers on the other side of the country and paid with paypal. I love it and have never had a single issue.

I hate paypal with a passion, thier customer service people (at least the one's I have dealt with) are rude and ignorant. It is near impossible to get a problem resolved, even if it is one created on their end.

I don't personally have a paypal account, but it is who the church I work for has chosen to use as a payment processor. I cringe everytime I have to log into it, because something is nearly always askew with it....[:/]

My account was hacked and credit card issues resulted from it. It took awhile to clear up, but that's my only problem ever with it. I've used it for years selling and buying things. I still use it.
~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

I've used it quite a bit and have had no problems. In fact they helped me get my $200+ back after I received the cell phone I bought on eBay and learned that due to certain circumstances I couldn't use it. If it weren't for PayPal I probably wouldn't have gotten my money back because the person I bought it from simply stopped answering my emails.

I hate paypal with a passion, thier customer service people (at least the one's I have dealt with) are rude and ignorant. It is near impossible to get a problem resolved, even if it is one created on their end.

So you hate them because of your interaction of ONE of their MANY CSRs ?

I don't personally have a paypal account, but it is who the church I work for has chosen to use as a payment processor. I cringe everytime I have to log into it, because something is nearly always askew with it....[:/]

WHAT EXACTLY is always askew with it ? And if that's the case why not go with the hundreds of other processors who would be exstatic to get new business ???

I sense a big time logic flaw in your reasoning.