wildcard451

God damn fucking thieves...

SO, let me start by saying that I love Bank of America's fraud department. Damn good and fast.

So I am having dinner tonight. On my way home, I see a voice mail from BoA.
"Good evening sir, we are calling to notify you of irregular activity on your account"

Well, I haven't traveled anywhere, so I'm obviously interested...

Get home, log onto Online banking.

$432.49 @ Best Buy in NY
$400.00 @ Home depot in NY - reversed.

I live in VA, and didn't take a road trip to NY today, so I'm pretty pissed at this point.

Call BoA. They inform me that not only is it what I am seeing there, but another almost $2000 in charges that got denied once they put a hold on the card.
Needless to say, card is now canceled.

My account will be credited in the next 1-2 days once it posts to the account. Will be filing a criminal affadavit through BoA, as well as opening an ATM card fraud case tomorrow with the cops. Hopefully Best Buy has good video surveilance.

What aggrivates me now is having to wonder if someone is out there trying to access the rest of my accounts or doing other ID theft stuff.

Looks like I will be checking my credit report here soon after all.:S:(

I just wanna beat someone's ass right now.

Fucking criminal pieces of shit.

That theft protection setup is really good to have...except when you forget to let them know you will be traveling and get to a restaurant in the middle of the night with the sweet honey you're trying hard to impress and try to pay with the credit card being your only means of payment.

Memorize this sentence:
"Could you cover this tonight? I'll pay you back in the morning when the bank opens."

Yes, it's happened more than once. The only recourse is to kick your own ass...again.

[:/]

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

BoA alerted my mom to irregular activity before she even knew her card was swiped. She's a RE Agent and was working in a million dollar home. Two women came in for a tour, one distracted her by asking a lot of questions and the other went into her office drawers and found her purse! Only about an hour went by before the bank called. The women had already made big purchases at Lowes and Target. Awful people!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

BoA alerted my mom to irregular activity before she even knew her card was swiped. She's a RE Agent and was working in a million dollar home. Two women came in for a tour, one distracted her by asking a lot of questions and the other went into her office drawers and found her purse! Only about an hour went by before the bank called. The women had already made big purchases at Lowes and Target. Awful people!

Bad part is that my card wasn't stolen. I still have it in my wallet. And it has my picture on it. Somehow someone got my number and duped it.

Grrr.

First that blows, but I have to say the fraud departments are great at doing their jobs. I had the same happen to me except no charges made it through.
You might want to go back and look over the past few months for a charge under 5 dollars that you don't recognize. That is the test charge to see if it'll work. Most people don't notice them.

My card wasn't stolen either, so it baffles me how the number got out.

And you'll be amazed at how much the cops don't care. They don't have time to go looking for someone in a store surveillance camera. My old roommate had her card stolen and used. She personally found the person through viewing the security camera and placing the person as someone she had seen. Told the cops everything and they did nothing, they have better things to do. It's ridic.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

First that blows, but I have to say the fraud departments are great at doing their jobs. I had the same happen to me except no charges made it through.
You might want to go back and look over the past few months for a charge under 5 dollars that you don't recognize. That is the test charge to see if it'll work. Most people don't notice them.

My card wasn't stolen either, so it baffles me how the number got out.

And you'll be amazed at how much the cops don't care. They don't have time to go looking for someone in a store surveillance camera. My old roommate had her card stolen and used. She personally found the person through viewing the security camera and placing the person as someone she had seen. Told the cops everything and they did nothing, they have better things to do. It's ridic.

Yeah. Unfortunately. I would love to see these fuckers caught.

However, in order to complete the process with the bank and everything, I am going to file a police report anyway. I have to sign their affadavit so I may as well cover everything so I can complete the fraud claim and alert on my credit reports and stuff.

Same thing here.
They got a swipe copy from me in ST. Louis on business.
(they run it through a swiper, and make a new card with the same data)
Rang up a couple of purchases before BoA shut if off.
BoA noticed as I was buying gas from a station in St. Louis, and simultaneously soft yogurt from TCBY in Houston.:S

They were great about refunding my account immediately.

This also happened again a year or two later out of N.J.
This time the thieves got about 6K in purchases.

Doug.

I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
Winston Churchill

Agreed on how great the fraud departments can be. I've been alerted twice, though for me both times I actually was the one using the card. When I used to tow my camper I would get all of about 5 to 6 mpg and it seemed like I stopped every 30 minutes to fill up. They shut me down after about 3 stops until I called and confirmed it was actually me.
Killing threads since 2004.

I 'd bet this is what happened to wildcard451. He may have given his card to a cashier at a store to buy stuff and the cashier swiped it through a hidden swiper before giving it back.

I've even heard of thieves inserting a bogus swiper in some credit card slots, but I have no idea how that's possible. It's been so long ago.

I've been lucky. Never hit with fraud like this. Always try to pay in cash for all small purchases and only use your debit card to withdraw money from the ATM, preferably one that's inside a bank.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I 'd bet this is what happened to wildcard451. He may have given his card to a cashier at a store to buy stuff and the cashier swiped it through a hidden swiper before giving it back.

I've even heard of thieves inserting a bogus swiper in some credit card slots, but I have no idea how that's possible. It's been so long ago.

I've been lucky. Never hit with fraud like this. Always try to pay in cash for all small purchases and only use your debit card to withdraw money from the ATM, preferably one that's inside a bank.

I'm actually thinking that someone just had the number. BoA gave me the backend printouts from their system and it shows on one of them "Decline - code not found" so maybe they were just using the number encoded and not everything else.

Assholes.

Close to our home, a busy gas station that takes debit cards only at the pump had a bunch of numbers and PIN's stolen using special equipment surreptitiously installed on the pumps. The theives waited for months, then stole thousands and thousands of $ during a 3 day weekend. Amazing preplanning and patience.:S

Don't know how much progress the cops are making on that one.

I am glad that BoA has been so good to you. I have Banner Bank. The deal is that Visa replaces all fraudulant charges on your card period. I did my affidavit, and my cash was in my account in 24 hrs, with the card cancelled. The bank can tell how the card was used-swiped, or not swiped, and whether or not your pin was used, or if it was forced thru. It is just too bad that justice does not include running a red hot poker up the thiefs' pee hole>:(-Caress

I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.