Conundrum

Cure for Cancer?

Pres and VP of that orgainzation are lawyers.
Chairman is a musician.
Stated objective: " a repeal of the Kefauver Amendment of 1962 that gave the FDA expanded authority over drug "efficacy"

Seriously, you really think the eradication of cancer has already been discovered?
Cancer comes in many forms. That is why treatment for some cancers differs from others. That is why some cancers are curable, some can be put into remission, and some are not even treatable.

btw - efficacy means the drug actually works.

What? Wait, are you....
Forget it, I'll just go smash my forehead into something instead.

Thats just my opinion. With the technology we have now, i refuse to believe that we cant find a cure for cancer or anything that comes relatively close.

I would hope for a cure for the benefit of those cancer patients. I have a friend who's mother passed away 3 months ago to cancer. Believe me i wish there was a cure available to her.
Hi, my names Jon, and I love to skydive.

I never read any further than "it works 100% of the time".

No scientist taking themselves seriously would ever make such a claim.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

What? Wait, are you....

Thats just my opinion. With the technology we have now, i refuse to believe that we cant find a cure for cancer or anything that comes relatively close.

I'll probably regret this, but what would lead you to believe that?

What? Wait, are you....

I'll probably regret this, but what would lead you to believe that?

Conspiracy theory, hope, misinformation, and assumptions . . . mostly hope and good intentions I would think.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Shoot, I wasn't very clear.

There were two main points:

1. If there is a cure for cancer it would not be made public.
2. With the resources we have, there should be a cure.

I was saying:

1. What would possibly lead someone to believe this
2. What would possibly lead someone to believe this

I was saying:

Those answers still stand . . .

You asked what would lead someone to believe this . . . you asked for a reason why someone believes something.

Emotions and faith are very driving . . .
If you wanted specific data, perhaps you might have asked what information led someone to believe this.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

***Thats just my opinion. With the technology we have now, i refuse to believe that we cant find a cure for cancer or anything that comes relatively close.

I would hope for a cure for the benefit of those cancer patients. I have a friend who's mother passed away 3 months ago to cancer. Believe me i wish there was a cure available to her.

I agree. I'd give anything for a cure for cancer even though for me it's too late. I lost my mom 2 months ago on Fri to a LONG battle with cancer. I think our environment and the things we eat have more do with it than people think.

I was saying:

1. $$$, "treatment" for cancer generates a lot more money than would a cure for it.

2. With all the donations people make worldwide(do not have a clue as to exact amount, but imagine the number is huge) to funding cancer research for who knows how long now, no one has found a cure? The government will spend x amount lending to car manufactures but wont lend a fraction of that to investing in scientists currently working on possibly saving many lives of not only citizens but people world wide.

For the record.
I wish nothing more to find/have a cure.

edit:

ive had a few drinks so dont expect #2 to make too much sense right now, i will have to correct it in the moning

cheers!
Hi, my names Jon, and I love to skydive.

I was saying:

1. $$$, "treatment" for cancer generates a lot more money than would a cure for it.

2. With all the donations people make worldwide(do not have a clue as to exact amount, but imagine the number is huge) to funding cancer research for who knows how long now, no one has found a cure? The government will spend x amount lending to car manufactures but wont lend a fraction of that to investing in scientists currently working on possibly saving many lives of not only citizens but people world wide.

For the record.
I wish nothing more to find/have a cure.

edit:

ive had a few drinks so dont expect #2 to make too much sense right now, i will have to correct it in the moning

cheers!

1. Not so. A cure would generate far more revenue. Currently there are a number of companies working on developing different scientific platforms for different cancers ( I worked for one ). Its expensive and time consuming. If the products don't work, the company goes out of business and the workers are all unemployed. Treatment options for doctors do not change and the mortality rates for their patients do not change. If there was an actual cure, enormous amounts of the drug would be produced, employing a lot of people. Treatment options for doctors would shift to curing cancer and patients would live much longer making it certain that they would need future treatment for different cancers or medical conditions.

If you are old enough to remember a time when robotics were being introduced into american factories, you will remember people screaming that it would put people out of work and cause an economic recession. In fact it had the effect of forcing american workers to the leading edge of computer and robotic technology and was good for the economy. Scientific progress in the realm of medicine is similar.

2. We're getting better, but we are very far from being at the doorstep of a cure for any cancer. There is some promising research being done and some advancements are being made, but we're still a long way off. Please bear in mind that we have yet to able to eradicate the common cold, so cancer is going to be tough.