cocheese

Shuttle Launch Tonight

Cool!
The first thing I did with the internet with my first pc was watch a shuttle launch live. I thought that was the coolest thing ever.
Working tonight and if the internet is worth a shit I'll watch this one.
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

I have never seen one ever..... except from space with binocs.

My life sucks.:|

I once had the shuttle/ISS pass directly over my house at dusk right when it was expected according to the schedule. Brightest star in the sky, moving at 22K mph or thereabouts. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The really impressive sight is a deorbit burn. As it's coming in for a landing it's like a giant orange flash across the sky. Incredibly impressive.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Can you watch this stuff on your crack berry?:D

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html?param=public

Didnt watch it on my crack berry...:P

I went out the front door and watched it. :)
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

My wife and I have taken to finding the ISS. We did it 8 nights in a row this summer, and 10 out of 11.

I even get my sorry ass out of bed at 5 in the morning if I think there's a chance to see it.

you too can find out when the ISS is in your neighborhood. Just go here:

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/cities/skywatch.cgi?country=United+States

Find you state and city, or enter your zip code. Voila - ISS sighting data.

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

My wife and I have taken to finding the ISS. We did it 8 nights in a row this summer, and 10 out of 11.

I even get my sorry ass out of bed at 5 in the morning if I think there's a chance to see it.

you too can find out when the ISS is in your neighborhood. Just go here:

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/cities/skywatch.cgi?country=United+States

Find you state and city, or enter your zip code. Voila - ISS sighting data.

Vint

There is a service I subscribe to called Spaceweather.com that alerts me via email and cell phone call when there are things I am interested in, such as Aurora Borealis possibilities, ISS fly overs, meteor storms, etc. Its a few $$ but worth it.
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

Here are a couple of our shots from the backyard. The pictures don't do it justice, it was really making the sky glow a beautiful orange and yellow color. In the moon shot, the shuttle is off to the right. I wasn't in charge of the camera, or else I would have gotten more of those shots. It was really pretty.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I was really surprised how well I could see the shuttle from my house. I didn't take any pictures but wished I would had tried to. Thanks for posting those..:)

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Thanks. Can you hear it from your place?

Been to Fla a million times. ...toured the Space Center when i was a kid a few years before the first shuttle flight.... missed a launch or landing within a few days several times.

There will only be a few more chances to see that.
If i die before seeing one, I'm going to be pissed.:D