sky722

Your Favorite Home Cooked Meal ?

My next favorite would be Thanksgiving dinner!

Me too! I love turkey! I made a turkey dinner for my mom's birthday last Sunday, even though I'll be doing it again for Thanksgiving. :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Thanks, dude.
It's only 8am and I'm now starving my ass off for a decent meal and will be going to the store to blow my food budget for the next month.
[:/]

I'm traditional.
Meat, potatos, salad
Steak on the grill.

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

My dad's crepes for breakfast - the best thing on the planet. Mom's spaghetti or chicken and dumplings. Sadly, I can't eat any of those now - no wheat products for me. :(

My mother-in-law's special pork roast that doesn't have a name but I named it 'Greasy Pork' - lean, boneless pork roast with little slits cut into it everywhere where you stuff in a garlic clove, a channel cut down the middle of it (running lengthwise) and a spicy salami stuffed in (now it all sounds so sexual...) then coated with salt and hot Hungarian paprika and then slow roasted in a pan with little dollops of lard. The grease is used to spoon over krokett (croquett in English - fried, fluffy potato thingies) or potatoes. The four basic Hungarian food groups are Grease, Salt, Sour Cream and Paprika.

If you can't laugh at yourself, I'll be happy to do it for you.
Be like the cupcake and suck it up.

When I lived in Hungary with mom my favorite meal was fried chicken, parsley potatoes and cucumber salad. I haven't been home in ten years, what we cook and eat has changed dramatically, but if we want a nice, comforting meal we make roast chicken, mac'n cheese (with rice pasta, no wheat here either) and a nice salad.

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."