sky722

Your Favorite Home Cooked Meal ?

My grandmothers have passed away, but here's THE meal for me !

Fried fresh creamed style corn (not the cream style you buy in a can either). with Cream peas (not fried)
Fried corn bread cooked in an iron skillet. fresh turnips, with either country fried steak or bar-b-que chicken or pork chops ! yummy B|

unless you get or give them the chance to teach you won't make it as good.

That's why I haven't made his dressing. Its literally an all day cooking event that requires cooking a turkey to strip and put in the dressing mix. Along with some pork and other things. Its a VERY involved process that I'm sure he didn't follow like the recipe that he wrote down for my mother before he died.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

yes it is a timely process...my favorite meal take a lot of time to prepare. I grew up in the country. They grew they're own vegetables, and canned them and froze some of them. It is work, but you won't go to a resturant and find that kind of cookin'. But like the majority of people, not willing to spend the time preparing that kind of meal...It's an all day thing to do that,alot of time. I do miss it though :(

"Burger Bundles"

Flatten out about a handful of ground beef (something between 1/8 and 1/4 of an inch thick). In the middle place a blob of stuffing (I prefer the ease of Stove Top, but it tastes better with a good home made concoction). Wrap the burger around the stuffing, cover liberally in golden mushroom soup and bake for 1 hour at 350. Serve over fat egg noodles.

Going to have to make this soon now that I'm thinking about it. Last time I made it the beef was a little thick, and each "bundle" weighed almost a pound. I love make little mini bundles as an appetizer.
Killing threads since 2004.

OH boy all the above sound good, which is exactly why I'm a fat bastard (that and beer). I have a liking for Indian food (and do a pretty good tikka massala and karahi). I do all the cooking in our house, my wife loves it, at least I think she does. Just discovered the slow cooker too - stews, beef bourguignon, soups, hmm...

My Baba's traditional Ukrainian dinner.

Borscht
Pyrohy with sauteed onions in butter
Holubki with the same
Baked Pyrohy with cream and dill
Kubasa
And a salad of some sort!

For those of you asking what THAT is ... google it. :P:P

It's the yummiest of dinners.

'Shell

My Baba's traditional Ukrainian dinner.

Borscht
Pyrohy with sauteed onions in butter
Holubki with the same
Baked Pyrohy with cream and dill
Kubasa
And a salad of some sort!

For those of you asking what THAT is ... google it. :P:P

I'm not looking for a definition, just an invitation.
;)

just about anything,,, on the grill...

for in the kitchen i like
breaded veal cutlets, or chicken cutlets, fried then made into a Parmiggiano casserole, with sauce and cheeses and Baked , til it's bubbling...:P:)
served with spaghetti and sauce,
or spaghetti "al'olio'... lots of garlic salt, EVOO, and black pepper..

I also like to make
Seafood and Linguine / Fettucine....

tomato sauce base,, tomato PASTE to add thickness,,, two cans of red clam sauce, a large can, of minced clams...
THEn..... add 4 or 5 fresh lobster claws, with knuckles intact,,, for flavoring,,, ( some meat, but mostly flavor ) a good sized handful of jumbo shrimp, CLEANed and de-veined,, one or two broiled lobster tails cut into chunks,,, and if you like, some medium sized scallops... fresh parsley, paprika, garlic powder, dash of salt... The cooking process calls for tossing in certain ingredients, in a certain order,, soas to NOT overcook,, ( especially the shrimp) ,, cook up a couple of pounds of fettucine, ladle on the sauce,,,,:DB| mmmmm

B|

... when $$$ is tight, but the appetite, is in high gear....
HOMEMADE thick crust Pizza.....:D
... ready in half an hour or less....Guaranteed!!!!

jmy