RALFFERS

Airtran Airways

Why are they so cheap :S??? Not that I'm complaining, but...

I just checked reservations from Chicago to Orlando, FL via expedia.com for December 26th to January 05; Airtran flights were $313 & $355, while everyone else (I.E. AA, U.S. Airways. etc,, etc...) were $900-$1,000

The price is enticing.....I'm just wondering if we're gonna get there & back alive & in 1 piece.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Why are they so cheap :S??? Not that I'm complaining, but...

I just checked reservations from Chicago to Orlando, FL via expedia.com for December 26th to January 05; Airtran flights were $313 & $355, while everyone else (I.E. AA, U.S. Airways. etc,, etc...) were $900-$1,000

The price is enticing.....I'm just wondering if we're gonna get there & back alive & in 1 piece.

My office overlooks one runway at the airport in Milwaukee. AirTran flies newer 717's whereas other carriers are still using the MD80-90's. I'm going to Vegas on AirTran in April. I hear that they pack the bodies inside so legroom might be a bit hard to come by.

Peace,
-Jeff.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

I'm flying them tomorrow for the first time. PM me if you want in a few days and I'll let you know my experience.

Will-do. Cool beans. Thanks. :)

They are the "grehound bus" of atlanta based airlines! :o:D;)

They're not that bad. The newer planes are real nice. Their luggage policy should be reviewed.
I dont remember it.

Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Try checking the airtran website too! Often they have deals from $39 one way! I've flown them before and they were great!
They're cheaper because they are a charter airline and only fly to select cities.

Thanks for that tip! :)

We've used AirTran many times out of CAK and have always found them to be a good value.

Nevermind that they were once ValueJet ;)

You mean "Gator Chow" ? The airline that killed a whole planeload of people because they ILLEGALLY loaded a pallet of expired oxygen canisters in the cargo hold ?

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Fly with them often over the last 3yrs. KC to Orlando, Atlanta, Newport News. Don't be late-they close the plane on time. FM Radio is awesome and really makes the time pass. Cheap upgrades at the last minute at the gate if you like. Usually $35.00 which includes free beverages. Gates in Atlanta are often in different concourses-allow 45-60 minutes to get from one gate to another between flights.
"You can't teach what you don't know and you can't lead where you won't go"

We've used AirTran many times out of CAK and have always found them to be a good value.

You mean "Gator Chow" ? The airline that killed a whole planeload of people because they ILLEGALLY loaded a pallet of expired oxygen canisters in the cargo hold ?

That's them. Remember, it was a contractor (SabreTech) that pulled that stunt. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ValuJet_Flight_592
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

That's them. Remember, it was a contractor (SabreTech) that pulled that stunt. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ValuJet_Flight_592

I'm glad you posted that because I was about to. Yep, if the contractor lies or places something on the aircraft w/o the pilots knowledge, no way can anyone blame the airline. The pilot on the ValuJet flight, she did an admirable job in trying to get that flight back to the airport. rip.