sangiro

Welcome Jay Young

Tandem
If you prefer to try it more in a potato sack fashion. Strapped to the front of an instructor. Little training needed. Some FJC's are slightly more advanced tandems that allows you to demo altitude awareness, simple canopy control, etc.
...Difficulty: Easier
...Time: Shorter visit to DZ
...Freefall: Yes
...Fly the Parachute: Handled by you with the instructor's help

There, I fixed your incorrect statement for you.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Yeah, I think AFF1 might be the way to go. I didn't handle the chute when I did a tandem jump but that was, jeez, 15 years ago? Something like that. I'm up in Boston to visit the corporate overlords (kidding!) next week. I think I'll open the subject then. Keep yer various digits crossed.

Welcome HMFIC.(HH was taken).

I think that acronym works. :D

- And "HI!!" I'm Karen. I'm no trouble at all. :) And... for the record.... I'm very normal. B|

Don't believe her. She's really a pirate. ;)

BUT A NORMAL PIRATE!! B|B|

You aren't a Pirate until you drink Military Special Rum... I don't remember if it was good, or I was just that drunk to begin with
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

...Fly the Parachute: Handled by you with the instructor's help

There, I fixed your incorrect statement for you.

AggieDave is correct. I highly recommend instructors who let you fly the canopy on the first tandem jump.

True, my statement is oversimplified. Unfortunately, it seems my statement is also true at many other dropzones (at least for jump #1, anyway) -- some tandem instructors don't want to let you fly the canopy.

Rightfully, a worthy debate in a topic thread somewhere else on dz.com (see, Jay Young -- the dzcommer way of life), but again, AggieDave is correct.

Since the red hot fork is already taken, which other kitchen utensil would you prefer to scratch a sleeping lion's balls with ?

Don

The red hot spatula. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Wouldn't an ice ax be more appropriate?

Well he made a reference to ass-scratching, and all I could think of was the spatula tickling scene in the base commander's kitchen in the movie Stripes. :S:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Wouldn't an ice ax be more appropriate?

Well he made a reference to ass-scratching, and all I could think of was the spatula tickling scene in the base commander's kitchen in the movie Stripes. :S:D

Chalk one up for RANDOM!
Killing threads since 2004.

Mornin' Jay....

Re-read post #25.

Advertising...especially animated ads...

We're freakin' surrounded by ads! Top, top again, left-side, bottom...the only way we have to go is to the right which, by the way, is the exit....

AND, no, nobody wants to see your boobies....well, maybe Skymama and Guppie.
:D

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

We're freakin' surrounded by ads! Top, top again, left-side, bottom...the only way we have to go is to the right which, by the way, is the exit....

Seriously? I'm running Firefox and AdBlock Pro, so I don't see a single Ad. Thank god, so it sounds like.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Seriously? I'm running Firefox and AdBlock Pro, so I don't see a single Ad. Thank god, so it sounds like.

I have that on Firefox, too, which is nice; however, I do notice that Firefox has a couple of minor glitches interacting with DZ.com.

I have that on Firefox, too, which is nice; however, I do notice that Firefox has a couple of minor glitches interacting with DZ.com.

I have to use IE on this computer...but a host file blocks the spam nicely.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I run IE7 with IEpro and dont see any of them either
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Well, to tell the truth, that's what I used to run, too. Now I click on ads. :D

I assume you'll have the red name of site admin? How about Red Whuffo?

Jumps : 1

:|

Right now, I'd bet money that's scarier to me than it is you. I'm afraid I probably can't say much to counter it, so let's just put it out there for folks to mull... I've jumped once. And I had a guy strapped to my back when I did it.

I guess I can say this: I won't do anything here without some hefty advice seeking before hand. I only hope most folks will hold their judgment of me until they can make it based on my actions. And I like boobies.

tell these pesky guys you lead 5.10c trad
;)